The Genius IMDb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players of IMDb pits their skills against one another to be crowned The Genius

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

than, pete

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Thanasis

Thanasis

than, pete - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 9:46 am

I really don't know... I've never talked to him! or Sam or duck (I think I have talked to duck in the past, in some other game though)
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 9:54 am

I've spoken to him once or twice , but it was mainly about some idol game and the fact that he is a huge fan of 60s avant-agrde french music !! you know, jacques brel , edith piaff , jacques dutronc...

I really like the idea of this game !! but I agree, we definitely need some more info...Oh lol, I've just realised I forgot to tell you my hint !!!!! so busy trying to figure out a strategy !!

H1 is faster and H7 , but H1 is slower than H8 !! Thats a pretty good hint, I would say, in two parts !!

So from our hints, we can deduce that :

8 beats 1 beats 7&3
Back to top Go down
Thanasis

Thanasis

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 9:59 am

aha, right! really great hint!

Should I ask Kathy hers? I get the impression from her that she's not too invested in the game
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 10:02 am

Why not...if you feel she would tell you...it might be a good idea not to let her know my hint though, even if you do have to reveal yours Wink
Back to top Go down
Thanasis

Thanasis

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 10:04 am

well, my hint is total crap (sorry Mas), so it doesn't really matter!
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 11:26 am

UPDATE lol

Mas posted this in my confessional :

Bandage Man
Admin

New postSubject: Re: Round 5... Today at 3:34 pm Select/Unselect multi-quote Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
sorry pete but i need to amend your hint slightly.

Hint #9: H1 will finish before H5 but after H8

so 8--1--5
1--3
Back to top Go down
Thanasis

Thanasis

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 6:50 pm

Do you think it would be useful to place a bet on 8 already?

Switza reopened the room with me, Kathy and Nat (the criminals from last round)

since my hint is not very valuable, do you mind if I share it with them, so I can gain their trust?
Back to top Go down
Thanasis

Thanasis

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 3:30 am

Hey:

Adam's hint: H2 beats H7 who beats H5

Nat's hint: The sum of the top 3 horses is 14
Back to top Go down
Thanasis

Thanasis

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 3:37 am

so 8--1--5
1--3

2--7--5

x+y+z=14, so we can have (in any order)
8+5+1
8+2+4
7+1+6
7+5+2
7+3+4
6+5+3

if we hear any other clue we might get closer!
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 5:50 am

no !! don't you see it ?? we those clues we know what the top 3 is Wink
Back to top Go down
Thanasis

Thanasis

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 6:34 am

I wanna say 8-2-4, but if it's wrong, I will feel like a dummy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 6:43 am

Thats the one Wink, we just don't know the order....now it's just a case of keeping an eye on what everyone else does...we also know that all bets on any other horses are losing bets. It may be an idea at some point to place a few "throwaway" bets, to try and put people off Wink
Back to top Go down
Thanasis

Thanasis

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 6:47 am

ok, then me placing a bet on 1 is a good thing cause it shows them that I used my hint at this moment

I did it cause I didn't think, but now you kinda opened my eyes! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 7:21 am

we also have to remember that we can't placed bets on horses when they have reached the "no betting zone", so ideally we would want all our "winning bets" on before that...which could work to our advantage
Back to top Go down
Thanasis

Thanasis

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 12:26 pm

Adam wrote:

Looking at Sam duck and Pete betting, I'm guessing they have clues to narrow to 8 and 4 as the winners which matches.

he mentioned you, so I guess he thinks you work with him.

He also made the same kind of combinations, but he misses your hint!

So, better keep it secret
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 1:37 pm

I think he may have been doing that hoping you would confirm it, as he had suspected a few rounds ago that we were working together...though I don't think it was ever confirmed .
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 3:07 am

Than !! You've bet 4 chips this round, you can only bet 3 chips per round maximum
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 4:06 am

did you get any info back from Kathy?
Back to top Go down
Thanasis

Thanasis

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 4:07 am

Not yet, she was not online this whole time and she hasn't posted in our common room.

Do you think it was normal how she bet 20 chips on one horse?
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 4:21 am

I think it may just a been a case of " I'm gonna bet all my chips now so I don't have to come back every day " , rather than the fact that she has info on H2 ... but I'm just guessing. I was kinda hoping she would just stay away, and end up being the death match candidate.....if she bets every round from now, I could be in real trouble if H4 isn't 1st or 2nd lolol. I'll wait until the last minute of this round before I bet to see if she logs on again.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 2:31 pm

Hi ,
I've decided to go for broke and put all my chips on H4 . if it doesn't work , then that means that H2 is 2nd. It may be a good idea for you to put your remaining chips on H2 . There are less bets on there, the odds will be better and you would have a chance of actually winning. The good thing is that, if H2 doesn't come in 2nd, you have plenty of bets on H4 and H8 to make sure you don't come last, that would still be Kathy (assuming she doesn't place anymore bets , which is what I'm predicting ).

If I lose and go to the death match, I would probably challenge Kevin. Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
Thanasis

Thanasis

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 3:03 pm

I was actually going to place my next bets on H2, so it works for me

Are you sure you don't want any bets on H2, just to be safe?

In case Kathy shows up and you end up losing, I'd pick either Kevin or Kathy

I don't think Kevin will be a difficult opponent and Kathy may not even notice there is a death match
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 10:48 am

well, I was right about Kathy not showing up...I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with my last 5 chips though...I may place 2 chips on H8, and keep 3 chips to place in the final rounds.....maybe for H2 ,depends if I'm still in a kamikaze mood by then lol. To win, I need the odds on H4 to be better than H8, so I want more bets in total on H8 by the end of the round.
Back to top Go down
Thanasis

Thanasis

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 4:39 pm

Do you have a preference for what I should do right now with my bets, so I can help you?
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi ,
the only thing you can do is help me win (assuming H4 comes in 1st or 2nd) , by not betting on H4 lol.
There's also a small chance you could win...if you put all your remaining chips on H2 and it finishes 2nd (if that happens I would lose,but thats unavoidable ). You would have 10 chips on H2 in total, and the odds on it would be very favourable since it has considerably less bets than 4 and 8. If however h2 finishes 3rd, you would still be safe, cause then Kathy would lose. It's up to you really Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: than, pete   than, pete - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

than, pete
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next