The Genius IMDb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players of IMDb pits their skills against one another to be crowned The Genius

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

pete, adam, tom

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 10:45 am

here u go. this room will be locked once the challenge starts.
Back to top Go down
https://thegeniusimdb.forumotion.com
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 10:47 am

Hey!

I'm about to disappear for a while, but should be back/glued to the computer in about 5 hours (which should be fine to discuss any strategy).
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 12:03 pm

I'm the mouse
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 12:12 pm

I'm the Snake .

At least you get to have a peek at 2 people's animals...so , between the three of us , including our own, we'll know 7 of the 13 animals. (maybe more if Tom is the plover !
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 1:14 pm

I'm requesting a second room with us 3 +mets, dana and duckbear.

But we'll keep this one as our central alliance.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 1:44 pm

are you sure a room with 6 people is a good idea ?
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 2:35 pm

It'll give us more info.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 3:46 pm

I'm the croc, so I only get to see who one other person is. And I have to eat 3.

The snake is probably the best, IF you're willing to make yourself a target each round. It seems you have the power to outright eliminate any predator while also protecting prey (but you also run the risk of leaving some the prey safe).
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 3:49 pm

And the extra room should give a better idea of who's who, but you always reserve the right to withhold any information you want (but you also run the risk of them catching you and screwing yourself over).
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 3:58 pm

I thought the snake was good too when I first looked at it...but after a bit of thinking, i've changed my mind. You see, for the snake to actually win, I need 9 other people to die...so ideally I don't want any predators to try and eat me in the first round. Like you said, it might be a good idea to withhold certain information from the larger group..one way or another. Any suggestions on which location we should start off in ?
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 3:59 pm

Since I'm dependent upon the lion's survival, would it be a wise move to announce I'm the mouse and ask the lion to pm me to work together?
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 3:59 pm

we also need to decide who we're gonna 'peek' at...actually , I was gonna ask Mas...Do you know if someone has 'peeked' at you ?
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 4:04 pm

Quote :
Since I'm dependent upon the lion's survival, would it be a wise move to announce I'm the mouse and ask the lion to pm me to work together?

very dangerous if you ask me.....you're dependant on the lion eating every round successfully . That's so unlikely , when the animals whose habitat is the field is the hyena and the deer. one a predator , the other is immune from death the first attack
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 4:13 pm

But the lion only dies by attacking you. If I know who that is, I can keep you two apart? And the only way the croc dies is by attacking you or getting attacked by the lion. Knowing the lion would protect tom as well.

Am I forgetting something?
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 4:15 pm

Concerning the peeking. If we get our group of 6 and everyone shares, we'll be able to identify every animal.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 4:16 pm

the lion also dies if it does not eat every round. The croc dies if it doesn't eat at least 3 times
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 4:18 pm

I'd see who is who when we peak, and whoever the lion is, back them up. If not, I'd try seeing what the others saw before outright announcing you're the mouse (no offense, Adam, but everyone knows you know their gameplay).

Who should each of us peak at, then go from there? Or should we see what Mets/Dana/Duck say first?
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 4:19 pm

I don't know Dana or Duck/if they'll be honest about who they are. I trust Mets (seeing him basically off himself to protect his alliance in Lsquared makes me inclined to believe him), but I don't know about the other 2.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 4:31 pm

Also, once we do find out who the lion is, it's probably a good idea to basically offer yourself up to them.

As for the snake, it might be the most versatile on the list. Yes, if you eliminate each predator you're screwed, but depending on who the predators are (besides me) and how comfortable you feel with votes, it also means you can have the power to choose who is eliminated from the match and thus who's eliminated from the game. Or you can tell the predators and keep them all away from you, thus limiting their prey selection and giving them a better chance of winning. There are a lot of ways to play the snake.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 4:38 pm

The thing is, the odds of the three of us ending as winners is very slim. I would trust the 2 of you to save me on a vote...but the others ? If I reveal I am the snake , would the other 3 predators be as trustworthy ? not only that...If I reveal I am the snake, all the preys will not be happy as they stand less of a chance of surviving, but if they do, they'll vote me out faster than you can say "soullimbo who" ?
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 4:40 pm

We must congratulate Mas on this challenge lol , the possibilities are endless !!
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 5:05 pm

It's a good challenge. If you do tell others you're the snake, I'd tell them privately - or in the larger alliance thread. And definitely tell the lion, or Adam stands to be put in jeopardy, too (if the lion doesn't win, neither does he)... unless we really want the lion out. But yes, all 3 of us being in the winning bracket is unlikely, and any given play will put one of us at risk. Risk vs. reward, and who is who will be a big factor.

I guess a breakdown:

Switza: needs the lion to win for him to win. So it makes sense to help the lion (Switza can offer himself up, and soullimbo and I can keep the lion away). Unless we want the lion to be eliminated, then not.

Soullimbo: Basically has the power, with a good plan in place, to determine who makes it and who doesn't. But if predators are targets, that would require his self-sacrifice, while also leaving a larger voting pool (which could be good or bad - it could keep both Switza and me, and Mets/Duck/Dana safer, which gives good odds - but Sam/Kathy are definitely great social players, so if they're a factor).

Tomcat Murr: Honestly, I have fewer options. I can go after targets of everyone's choosing, but it also means I have to openly target them. It's probably more advantageous for *me* to lose (and just go right after Pete and off myself), but more advantageous for you guys for me to attack targets (I can also attack Switza with no risk to him, and deflecting some attention from myself/our alliance - but that limits other targets).
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 5:10 pm

It might actually be a good idea to figure out who Sam and Kathy are going after... because the first eliminated will probably be either one of them or one of their targets.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 5:12 pm

We should be able to learn who the predators are. Either as part of our alliance or from peeking. So you could secretly reveal who you are to the predators so the prey don't know.

It might give you favor from the surviving predators, but also help your chances of winning as nobody will attack you and the longer predators are alive, the better.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 5:18 pm

there is another way...could be tricky. It involves making sure the lion tries to eat me first, then I protect the mouse. Once the lion is dead , the croc is invincible. The 3 of us are home and dry. This only works if we find out who the lion is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

pete, adam, tom Empty
PostSubject: Re: pete, adam, tom   pete, adam, tom I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pete, adam, tom
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next