The Genius IMDb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players of IMDb pits their skills against one another to be crowned The Genius

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Match 7: PAT plays a board game

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 4:08 am

At the end of round 2:

_| _ _ _ G _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ |_
_| J _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ |_
_| _ _ M _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ |_
_| V _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ |_
_| _ _ Z _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ |_
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 8:34 am

Should I skip a turn now to get us back to the bottom?
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 8:37 am

I think it's too early, personally..and why skip when things are clearly going our way ? Our main aim should be to ensure that the Jiangshi does not finish in the top 3.

It may be better to skip when we are nearer to the second puddle...

at the end of round 3 :

_| _ _ _ _ _ G _ _ _ _ _ _ |_
_| J _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ |_
_| _ _ _ _ _ M _ _ _ _ _ _ |_
_| V _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ |_
_| _ _ Z _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ |_

Last edited by soullimbo on Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 8:40 am

Makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 9:19 am

I'd give it one more round before skipping, but it also depends on the position of everything else. I was hoping to block Mummy from gaining so much (thus getting Vampire or Jiangshi to move the 3 spaces). Gumiho keeps moving, but if Mummy finishes at the moment something overtakes Gumiho, then Gumiho is done for. It's fine it coming in 3rd if we're sure someone else has both 4th and 5th place, but otherwise... ouch.

Might be a good idea to try to keep Mummy and Zombie from moving this round just so nothing can creep up and there's no risk of 2 things suddenly outracing Gumiho at the finish. Once Gumiho has a at least a sure 2nd place, then it makes sense to advance Mummy or Zombie into 2nd or 1st.

Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 4:09 pm

Should I go ahead and skip so we can control the potentially last couple rounds?
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 8:54 pm

It doesn't matter too much. If Gumiho finishes first with Mummy/Zombie 2nd and 3rd, then you and I will each have 3 points, and Pete will have 4 or 5 points, which should be enough to win with both of us being safe.

The only other way to control it for a similar outcome would be if it looked like Gumiho was going to come in 3rd after Mummy or zombie (good for both of you, very bad for me), then it would make sense to pan Zombie and have Vampire take its place (eg: both of you with 3, me with 3 or 4). But since SOME PEOPLE (Pete...) keep panning Vampire and potentially screwing me over royally with Gumiho coming in 1st or 2nd now being the only option, I say just keeping aiming for Gumiho maintaining its place. Maybe try to keep Mummy/Zombie/everything else from moving as much as possible, to help Gumiho maintain a lead while Mummy/Zombie are still comfortably in 2nd/3rd.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 9:25 pm

We shouldn't need it, but I went ahead and skipped just to be safe.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 12:37 am

Fair. I'll reimburse the garnet, if you want.

It's actually looking pretty good all around as long as Gumiho doesn't come in 3rd.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 10:07 am

1 space - Gumiho (x2), Vampire (x1) , Jiangshi (x1)
2 spaces - Vampire (x3), Zombie (x2)
3 spaces - Jiangshi (x3)

coins left :
gumiho 1
jiangshi 1
mummy 4
zombie 2
vampire 1

need to stop Jiangshi from getting 3. I put my 2 vamps on the "2 spaces" cause it needs to move 2 to reach the puddle , and because there was no point in putting them on the "3 spaces" since there was another vamp on space 1.
Best case scenario, last 4 mummies on "3 spaces" , and the winners are :

1 space gumiho
2 spaces vampire
3 spaces mummy

order in the race :
gumiho 10 spaces
mummy 10 spaces
zombie 6 spaces
vampire 6 spaces
jiangshi 4 spaces

As long as we can manage to keep Jiangshi firmly in last place , we should be fine. Then it's a case of working out the horse we would like to finish in 4th.

Also , if you need me to skip at any point, let me know
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 5:46 pm

...I have to admit to being a bit confused right now.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 5:48 pm

I think we're good, actually.  I set it up so we should be able to either have Gumiho being the only one to move, or have both Gumiho and Zombie move with Gumiho still being in the lead.  It keeps Zombie and Mummy firmly in 2nd and 3rd, and Gumiho in 1st - if it stays like that, we'd all be safe, and Pete, you might just win. No one has to move 3 spots, keeping Gumiho secure.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 5:56 pm

lol, sorry.  I realize my grumpy post-holiday vampire bit.  But it's actually set up well.  This is the current set-up:

1 space - Gumiho (x2), Vampire (x1) , Jiangshi (x1)
2 spaces - Vampire (x3), Zombie (x3)
3 spaces - Jiangshi (x3), Gumiho (x1), Mummy (x3), Vampire (x1)

Adam has: JIANGSHI, ZOMBIE, MUMMY

Placing Jiangshi on Space 2, Vampire/Zombie beat it.
Placing Mummy on Space 2, JVampire/Zombie beat it.
Zombie could either be on Space 2 (to move 2 spaces and move to 8 ) or Space 1 or 3 to neutralize  it.

Gumiho would move to space 10.  Zombie either wouldn't move or would move to Space 8 (having Mummy move 3 spaces would tie it with Gumiho, so best to avoid that).  So Gumiho would be on 10, Mummy would be on 7, Zombie on either 6 or 8.  Nothing else moves (when 2 have the highest on the same space, neither moves).  Basically, Gumiho gets a better lead while everything else stays put.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 6:07 pm

ok, I see your point. To be fair , knowing that we are still majorly in control (cause no-one skipped) , and will be for another round , it would not have been the end of the world to have the mummy and gumiho both on 10 , one away from the puddle.

One important point to remember :
Once the winning horse crosses the finishing line, that's the race over. In other words, we don't keep going , I don't think we would even finish a particular round (i.e gumiho is on space 12 , he wins the "1space" that round , then that would be it, the characters that win the "2 spaces and 3 spaces" would not even move ) , so as soon as gumiho crosses the line, the characters that are 2nd and 3rd at that specific point is where they will finish.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 6:24 pm

My concern with moving Mummy to 10 is that there may only be 2 rounds after that.  If both Mummy and Gumiho move at all, they'll be on 11.  If the following round Mummy moves out of our hands just once, Gumiho is 2nd.

This is the list (assuming with Sam/Nat a little):

Vampire / Jiangshi
Jiangshi / Mummy ---------- THAN
Mummy / Zombie -----------ADAM
Zombie / Gumiho ------------PETE, NAT
Vampire / Gumiho -----------TOMCAT
Jiangshi / Gumiho -----------METS
Vampire / Mummy -----------SAM
Jiangshi / Zombie
Mummy / Gumiho
Vampire / Zombie

If Mummy is 1st, Gumiho is 2nd, and Zombie is 3rd:

Than scores 3 points
Adam scores 4 points
Pete and Nat score 3 points
Sam scores 3 points

... losers are Mets and me, and even if Adam selects him, he may very well challenge me by virtue of me being the other loser.  I'm not comfortable with that... at all.  So no, the Mummy can't move to 10.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 6:26 pm

Ugh, or it can.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 6:36 pm

if that's the case, we could make sure that the mummy does not move during the next round, and stays on 10, while ensuring that gumiho moves onto the puddle. This way , gumiho has 1 clear round advantage over the mummy.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 6:43 pm

Yeah. I mean, it was set up really easy to not have them move this round, but next round - it's necessary. Neither Mummy nor Zombie can move (ideally only Gumiho would move at all). And depending on what Gumiho gets the round after, it may be necessary again.

In which case it'll be Than vs Sam (I think), and you'll have the choice. But Sam will be a lot easier to beat than Mets will.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 6:56 pm

Even if your worst case scenario happens, I get a second life token and give to you. Mets probably goes for the revenge for Kevin and challenges Nat.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 3:40 pm

Yeah, he might. Eh, it'll be fine. I could always be wrong about Sam/Nat, too. May as well just play it out and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:55 pm

Oh crap. Re-read the rules after the weird vampire double-move. Make sure to stop Vampire from moving (or, if it moves at all, only one space) so it doesn't beat Zombie.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 7:24 am

I don't want to ask this publicly so hopefully Mas will answer in here.

Say this round vampire moves 1 then zombie moves 2 and ties with mummy then gumiho moves 3 and finishes. How would the scoring work with the tie?
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 7:26 am

I was thinking the same thing, cause technically Gumiho wins there and then, with two characters tied for 2nd. It's one for Mas to answer...maybe it's a case of which character reached that "2nd" spot first.

I don't think he will answer in here...he will only answer in private if you ask in confessional

EDIT :
I've asked in my confessional, will let you know what Mas says

EDIT 2 :
I asked Mas and he replied.
If 2 or more horses finish in the same position when one horse crosses the finish line, then those horses will share that position, and the points that go with it.
If 2 horses finish tied in 2nd place , then there will be no 3rd place , because technically, the next horse will be in 4th.

Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 2:08 pm

I'm coming up after Sam, so... what's the play here? Get Gumiho across, or keep Gumiho from moving and try to get Mummy in the lead? Determines both the winner and the losers - basically, do we want Mets to lose and bank on him challenging Nat? I'm also not 100% sure Pete would win with Gumiho in 1st and Mummy in 2nd (depends on Sam/Nat).
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 4:51 pm

Mets is in last place and in control, so there's no way he's letting gumiho cross the line...might be a good idea for you to skip this time ? then next round I'll be in 5th place and you in 7th, where we can decide the outcome, no ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Match 7: PAT plays a board game
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next