The Genius IMDb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players of IMDb pits their skills against one another to be crowned The Genius

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Match Numero Dos

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Match Numero Dos - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:31 am

She may have.

Regardless, it doesn't really change our straight. Pete, you and I still need to swap. However, if Than is 6, then he'll be X next round, so we don't want to complete the straight yet. But if you and I swap, we'll still need one more move to complete it... so Than isn't in danger until we decide to do that.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:33 am

if you and I swap, we'll end up with a run of 6 Wink 2,3,4,5,6,7
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:35 am

So if you and Than swap and Nat and Kevin swap we'd be done this round with either Blake or Dana with the x.

Winners kathy jess me pete nat. I give away the extra garnets.

If Blake has x he challenges sam or mets (most likely). If dana, she shouldn't challenge us as part of her group.

Could be worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:35 am

Adam, if you swap with Kathy , then you have a straight..... 8 9 10 11 1 , and at least none of the rest of us have the X !

worth a thought...
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:37 am

If we swapped:

Seat L - Kevin (mrduckbear) 1
Seat A - Tomcat 2
Seat B -metsrus 3
Seat C - Samantha 4

Seat D - Nat 6
Seat E - Blake
Seat F - Pete 7
Seat G - DanaShelby Chancey
Seat H - Kathy 10
Seat I - Jess 9
Seat J - Adam (switza) 8
Seat K - Thanasis 11

It's a run of 4. Nat breaks the run after Sam, Than breaks it before Duck.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:39 am

11 and 1 are consecutive. That would be 5.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:41 am

Adam/Kathy can swap, too - but that gives Kathy the extra garnets, and probably not the best play here.

Pete/Than, Nat/Kevin to give Switza the extra garnets would be fine... but I'm not sure how happy everyone is gonna be with Kathy and Jess being exempt.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:42 am

I'm ok with that if Tomcat is...And like he said, the odds are good that Blake is the X , and Sam + Mets would be available for opponents Wink
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:43 am

switza wrote:
11 and 1 are consecutive. That would be 5.

Crap, you're right.

Well, that's an easy way to end this in one move that we know we have.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:44 am

Well, it's actually the quickest way to end it now, then... before Than is X, with Than in the winner's bracket, with me getting the garnets so all of us get extras.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:44 am

To be fair, the others don't know that they have the numbers wrong....only we do...so you could always say that you didn't think it would affect the outcome...
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Either Dana or Blake is the X... if it's Dana, well, she never showed up and we didn't know. Tough luck.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:46 am

It's up to you guys. I'd do either me/Pete switch, or Pete/Than and Nat/Kevin... so either Adam or I get the garnets.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:47 am

well,I'm good with it...it's not ideal that kathy gets the 5 garnets, but again, I don't really care about that. None of us are the X , Than is safe, so I'll find a way of letting him know that I helped him...somehow lol, and thats an ally we keep..
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:48 am

Tell Than not to swap with Blake... fast.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:51 am

I don't think we can rely on Kevin Than and Nat all showing up to swap in the next couple hours. I say go for it as long as Pete is ok with also not winning.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:52 am

Yeah, but we need to keep Than from swapping with Blake first, or all of those plays are screwed.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:55 am

I sent a message to than...but he's not online anymore...but blake isnt online either. I'll stay logged on.
I'm ok with this scenario by the way.....cause I'm thinking that Blake put that message up saying he would swap with anyone , knowing he would be the X in a couple of rounds time.
Message Kathy Adam , maybe we can get the swap done before blake even logs on...
Do we have to wait until the round finishes ? or does he announce the straight as soon as it happens ?
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:56 am

No, swap now... let's just get it over with.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:56 am

I think it has to be active when round ends. I asked about having 2 straights and he said it would be possible.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:58 am

I asked about straights being in reverse order, and he said yes, they can be. So that explains it.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 10:07 am

Than posted but didn't retract his swap with Blake yet... ugh.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 10:08 am

We're good. Mas said it doesn't count.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 10:09 am

It will if Blake shows up and agrees. And won't matter if Pete doesn't post he agrees to my swap.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 10:13 am

Pete needs to post on the big group page so it doesn't seem obvious we're working without Sam duck etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Match Numero Dos   Match Numero Dos - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Match Numero Dos
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next