The Genius IMDb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players of IMDb pits their skills against one another to be crowned The Genius

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PAT Match 8

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
switza

switza

PAT Match 8 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAT Match 8   PAT Match 8 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 9:30 pm

Ideally if he gets a 10 I can get him to fold. That's a big momentum shift. Bluffing will be key.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: PAT Match 8   PAT Match 8 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Getting him to fold with a 10, or bet a lot with a 1, would be great. If he folds with a 10 - and he sees what you did at the end of the round - you just may be able to mirror the same thing when he has a 1 or 2 and bluff him into betting a lot.

Pete's suggestion of keeping a tally is obviously a great idea/necessary to know what possibilities remain. The problem is if Nat does the same, you might not get much advantage out of it - you may win, but maybe not more than the ante. If you can bluff your way into a couple big wins before that, smaller wins should add up. But both of you will know both cards in round 10.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: PAT Match 8   PAT Match 8 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 2:18 pm

Did Sam say anything relevant when she was in your room that last game?
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: PAT Match 8   PAT Match 8 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 2:48 pm

She was telling us that she was likely the one going to the Death Match (clearly not so), and said she wanted to "help" us without ever really saying much helpful or how she wanted to help us. She said that everyone on your team had basically checked out and were over it, especially Nat, and that she'd be surprised if you guys bet more than 3 beans.

In hindsight, she may have actually been telling the truth about some of it... maybe she wanted us to lowball another round to give her a chance of winning?

Most of the conversation was Sam and Pete going back and forth with gifs and standard Latin phrases. So... not really anything relevant, no.

Mets seemed reluctant to let her visit, and I noticed didn't agree to it until Pete and I already had. But that could very well have been just down to the challenge itself.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: PAT Match 8   PAT Match 8 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 2:59 pm

When we asked her how she was doing , she said " everything is going well..."

At that point I decided to write something in latin (since her first post upon entering the room had included the latin phrase "quid pro quo").

So I quoted her "everything is going well..." and wrote underneath :
Mendax ! Mendax ! Tuum braccare flagare !

which basically means - liar liar pants on fire

I don't think she took it well lol
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: PAT Match 8   PAT Match 8 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 3:46 pm

I was kind of annoyed she left before answering your question about how many beans they bet the previous round. Good way to see if she was telling the truth or not... smart thinking, just a shame she left before that.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: PAT Match 8   PAT Match 8 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 3:54 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean...that was specifically why I asked it...to see if there was any truth in what she was saying. Though, to be fair, I don't know if she had time to answer it , it was very close to the point where she was taken out of the room again by Mas...We'll never know.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: PAT Match 8   PAT Match 8 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 4:03 pm

The first round they both "forgot" to send beans (perhaps intentional, perhaps not). There wasn't much communication on our side. Nat or her would ask what is plan for next round, I'd suggest something and then nobody really responded. I was never sure what they were actually doing and nobody ever confirmed what they sent Mas.

Kind of a lost cause so late in the game.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: PAT Match 8   PAT Match 8 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 4:57 pm

11pm ET is 4am for me, so I won't be around for it. Best of luck Adam !!
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: PAT Match 8   PAT Match 8 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:59 pm

Yeah, it looks like you guys really didn't bet much.  I wouldn't be surprised if Sam and Nat strategize elsewhere (Skype, etc...), and figured you might not be getting much.

I'm just hoping Mets really is a little alienated from Nat (after challenging Duck), and maybe Sam by proxy.  There was the consideration of holding back 1 bean to win individually (so Mets wouldn't have immunity), but I knew you weren't gonna challenge him, Sam and Nat wouldn't (if only because they think he's too likely to beat them)... so it seemed better to keep some trust and hopefully you survive and we can get info out of him next round (albeit I think he's less likely to turn on Sam, but probably would turn on Nat without Sam around).  

Just win the Death Match, please.  Next round, I'm fine with being thrown in the Death Match against Mets or Sam to try to get them out of the way.  I've been trying to escape it, and we've done so well (none of us in the Death Match until the game was over half through)... but this round was a bit of a wake-up call... it's the Death Match for one of us for the next 3 rounds, then the inevitable squaring off against each other for the last 2 rounds (hopefully).  May as well go for it.  For now, just beat Nat.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: PAT Match 8   PAT Match 8 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 7:17 pm

I might not get back on before Mas locks me out of here, so just will say this game has been a ton of fun working with you guys. You were the first two I had in mind to work with and am glad it has worked out so well so far. I was really concerned after that first match with the animals and our plan failing right out of the gate, but we've been an amazing alliance.

Here's hoping to a couple more rounds.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: PAT Match 8   PAT Match 8 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 10:43 pm

Ha! That first match was a mess. We've done well, though. I wouldn't underestimate Nat (and it looks like he realized the thing I was hoping he wouldn't), but I think you'll be fine. I don't think Nat has any idea how to read you, so that should give you an advantage.

And if all goes wrong - you were my first pick the the "who would you most like to work with?" question, and it's been a pleasure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PAT Match 8   PAT Match 8 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PAT Match 8
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2