The Genius IMDb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players of IMDb pits their skills against one another to be crowned The Genius

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Main Match #1...

Go down 
+10
switza
Thanasis
soullimbo
kyogre123
metsrus
mrduckbear
WolfNVX4444
punkrockprincess07
Tomcat Murr
Bandage Man
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Thanasis

Thanasis

Main Match #1... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 6:31 pm

Quote :
To whom it may concern-

Feel free to make me part of your super secret alliance that will run this game.

Same here!
Back to top Go down
DanaShelby Chancey

DanaShelby Chancey

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 7:43 pm

If I do anything wrong or I am not showing up when I should, please someone, tell me!

Also if I am doing anything stupid. I guess we are all learning as we go!
Back to top Go down
punkrockprincess07

punkrockprincess07

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 8:24 pm

kyogre123 wrote:
Finally, a forum with a color scheme that is not offensive (slightly throwing shade at the mole's forum)

LMAO
Back to top Go down
alrmw31

alrmw31

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 8:37 pm

What colour is the mole forum?
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 9:13 pm

Various shades of green, some white. I actually like it, aside from being way too bright, and all the lime green, and... never mind.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 9:27 pm

switza wrote:
To whom it may concern-

Feel free to make me part of your super secret alliance that will run this game.
Correction:

Anyone who doesn't make fun of my ridiculous color choices-

Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 10:01 pm

Thanks all for signing up promptly. Still waiting on Blake and Sam. I'm hoping that they sign up soon and I can post the challenge. The challenge will always be split up into two: the pre-challenge when I will post the challenge and give you time to think of a plan as well as to ask questions. And then the challenge will start at a later timing, which is usually in rounds. So expect the challenge to be posted as early as tomorrow morning if they both signed up like within 12 hours from now
Back to top Go down
https://thegeniusimdb.forumotion.com
metsrus

metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 7:26 am

Who would like to join the Priceline Alliance?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 10:02 am

I am considering to ask other people to be alternates in the event that they Blake and Sam didn't sign up soon. Blake has not log in to imdb after i sent so hoping he sign in soon. Sam, though, might be a lil busy even after i send a reminder. She did say she wants to play so I'm hoping to sign them up soon.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 10:25 am

Blake was active on the mole board last night. Maybe pm him over there mas.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 10:28 am

ahh, forgot he was in that. i will try that. thanks
Back to top Go down
metsrus

metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 11:36 am

Can we each get a knife and go off on each other Battle Royale style?
Back to top Go down
SailormoonSk2

SailormoonSk2

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 12:05 pm

Hi guys!
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 12:18 pm

Hey Sam
Back to top Go down
metsrus

metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 12:20 pm

Hey Sam!
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 12:35 pm

Happy birthday Dana Wink
Back to top Go down
WolfNVX4444

WolfNVX4444

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 2:51 pm

Hey everyone else!

Switza, you a Vikings fan? They're looking good this year.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 5:05 pm

Yes I am #skol

Big game with Green Bay this week. 2 game division lead would be huge if we win.

I realized most of you have played in games I've hosted but very few have I actually played with in a game. Looking forward to a good game with you all.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 6:34 pm

Yay hi Sam! Now's just waiting for Blake
Back to top Go down
DanaShelby Chancey

DanaShelby Chancey

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 7:32 pm

Thank you for the Birthday wish, soullimbo! queen
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 9:30 pm

In order not to delay the game for too long, the 1st Main Match will be posted anytime on Thursday. Like I mentioned before, there will be some time given after I post before the actual challenge takes place. You will have time to do the necessary thing before the challenge starts and for you to plan your strategy. So make sure you check the board and do the necessary thing that you need to do.

I will also PM me you on IMDb once the challenge is posted so that you will know to check it out. I will find 1 alternate in the event that Blake doesn't appear. But if not, we will go ahead with 12 players. If you all prefer to have 13 players, we can wait it out longer if we don't have by Thur night.
Back to top Go down
BlakeMaguire

BlakeMaguire

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 10:03 pm

Sorry I registered before but was waiting activation. Didn't read that I was activating it via email. Oops
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 10:07 pm

Yay Blake! So, everyone's here. The 1st challenge will be posted at Thur, 8 AM EST. You will have time to read instructions, ask questions and perform what you need before the actual challenge starts.

Remember, if you need me to setup a room anytime before or during the challenge through your confessionals page. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 2:50 am

Albert Einstein
Quote :
“Genius is 1% talent and 99% percent hard work...”

Remember to use your deodorant people, or this board could get rather smelly !!
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 8:01 am

Main Match #1:

We will now begin the 1st main match.

The 1st main match is "Food Chain"

The predator-prey interaction of 13 animals is shown in a food chain.

There are 4 predators and 9 equal-leveled preys.

Higher level animals can attack a lower level animal and feed on them.

You will be randomly become one of these animals and if you meet that animal's condition, you will become the winner of this game.

The win conditions are different for every animal.

For example, surviving until the end could be a win condition.

There is also an animal that wins if another animal survives.

Before the game begins, you can choose one player and you may peek at what animal that player is.

The game consists of 4 rounds.  

When a round begins, players choose to move to one of river, sky, field or forest.

However, each animal has a main habitat and if they spend a round outside their main habitat, they must return to their main habitat in the next round.

After moving, you may attack any animal in the same area.

If the target is a lower-level animal, the attack is succesful and the target is eaten.

However, if the target is on the same-level, nothing will happen.

Attacks are carried out by posting on the area on which animal you are attacking.

Attacks are only known to the same players in the area. The other players in the different areas will only know that player has died.

At the end of the round, you need to post on your confessional which location you are going. If I didn't receive anything, the player will be assigned their natural location.

After round 4 ends, everyone will be spilt up into players who have met their win conditions and players who didn't.

The winners will all receive a token of life and choose one of the losers to become the elimination candidate.

The elimination candidate will choose another loser for the death match to decide who will be eliminated first.  

The winners of the main match will each be given 1 garnet.

These are the timings for the 4 rounds.

Round 1: Thu, 11 PM EST to Fri, 8 AM EST. Fri, 8 AM EST to Fri,11 AM EST.
Round 2: Fri, 11 AM EST to Fri, 8 PM EST. Fri, 8 PM EST to Fri, 11 PM EST.
Round 3: Fri, 11 PM EST to Sat, 8 AM EST. Sat, 8 AM EST to Sat, 11 AM EST.
Round 4: Sat, 11 AM EST to 8 PM EST.

The second timings are the timings when you have to post on your confessionals page the location you need to go.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:20 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Main Match #1...
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next