The Genius IMDb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players of IMDb pits their skills against one another to be crowned The Genius

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Main Match #1...

Go down 
+10
switza
Thanasis
soullimbo
kyogre123
metsrus
mrduckbear
WolfNVX4444
punkrockprincess07
Tomcat Murr
Bandage Man
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match #1... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 1:48 pm

Round 4 has started. Here are where the players are at.

Forest: Kathy
Field: Dana, Adam
River: Pete, Metsrus, Kevin, Adam
Sky: Henry, Nat

Round 4 will end at Sat, 9 PM EST.
Back to top Go down
https://thegeniusimdb.forumotion.com
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 9:17 pm

The 1st Main Match has finally ended. I will now separate you into the winners and the losers.

The winners are:

Thanasis - HYENA
Dana - DEER
Henry - MALLARD
Blake - RABBIT
Metsrus - TURTLE
Kathy - CHAMELEON

The losers are:

Sam - LION
Tomcat - CROC
Jess - EAGLE
Adam - MOUSE
Kevin - EGYPTIAN PLOVER
Pete - SNAKE
Nat - CROW

The winners each will get 1 token of life and 1 garnet each.

Winner, you are now to discuss to choose which one among the 7 losers are you sending to the Death Match. You will be allowed to access to a room. It has to be a unanimous vote and once confirmed, I will announce here who is the vote. In order not to stretch it too long, the deadline will be until 9 AM EST. If whoever doesn't post by then, I will go with the vote that the members who has posted then.

Once I posted the Death Match player, that player needs to choose another person among the losers that they want to face off in the Death Match.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 10:26 pm

PMs are now enabled and you are free to discuss here too if you want.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 10:52 pm

What if vote is not unanimous?
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 10:57 pm

the results will be flipped. the losers will be the winners and the winners will be the losers and the new "winners" will then decide. if it happens again, majority vote will be taken from the original winners and those who propose get an extra garnet each while those who oppose get one taken away.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 10:58 pm

not posting on who's the candidate will considered to be consent to the majority vote in this case.
Back to top Go down
punkrockprincess07

punkrockprincess07

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 11:14 pm

Good job to those who won.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 11:26 pm

i might extend the deadline if i don't get at least 4 winners to login here up to 9 am est.

I will also reveal the number of garnets for each person before the first death match candidate chose their opponent.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 7:32 am

I am considering to make it a majority vote instead of a unanimous vote because everyone is online at diff times so it's hard to come up with a confirmed name especially since the 12 hours is night for most of you.

So, I just want some suggestions whether in the event of more than 1 winners, should we make it unanimous or a majority? it cannot be a tie vote though definitely.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 8:17 am

I like the idea of unanimous. Really adds more strategy.

Here's a thought. Group A can't make a decision because "Bob" won't vote with everyone else. So you flip it and group B becomes the winners and gets to try to come to unanimous decision. Group B can't make a decision because "Leroy" won't vote with them. Now it flips back to group A but Bob is now part of group B. Now Group A will unanimously vote for their original pick or they could decide to vote for Bob.

Makes it so people are less likely to dissent because they'll become a potential target of the rest of their group.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 8:37 am

No , I think if the vote is flipped, and the losers (who would then become winners) can't reach a majority either, then it goes back to the original "majority" from the original winners' group
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 8:37 am

Ithanka for the suggestion. For unanimous, i might need to give extra time though cos everyone is on at diff times. Most matches will only have 1 winner though. This is one of the few where there's a few winners needing to choose a death match candidate.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 8:54 am

What's with the new user-name ?? Do you want us to call you imhotep from now on lol ?
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 9:12 am

Bandage-Man is part of The Genius. He's like the host, in a sense. But he only shows up on the screen, talking to the viewers.

Anyway, I have decided to stick with my original decision. It has to be unanimous for the winners to choose a death match candidate.

therefore, the winners and losers are now flipped. the new winners will now have until 6 pm est to decide before it's flipped one more time.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 9:20 am

have you set up a room for us ?
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 9:21 am

yes, it has been set up.
Back to top Go down
BlakeMaguire

BlakeMaguire

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 2:25 pm

I will say its dumb that the vote got flipped solely based on the fact that Mets was the last person online and said no. I'm sorry that we all work and aren't able to be online at the same time. But ill remember next vote to come online 5 minutes before the deadline and say no I don't agree just to screw over the winners. Because that's apparently fair.

BTW Jessica unless your side agreed on mets don't agree. Make it a split vote. We had agreed on someone and he said no made it split because he wanted you voted in
Back to top Go down
BlakeMaguire

BlakeMaguire

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 2:27 pm

Also he did say he wanted to offer himself to the death match
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 3:20 pm

BlakeMaguire wrote:
I will say its dumb that the vote got flipped solely based on the fact that Mets was the last person online and said no. I'm sorry that we all work and aren't able to be online at the same time. But ill remember next vote to come online 5 minutes before the deadline and say no I don't agree just to screw over the winners.
I will say it is an odd rule, but it was posted as such. Maybe next time there needs to be more time for the group to decide on a secondary player. But it also puts a huge target on Mets (or whoever might not agree with the vote). If our group does vote on someone, he puts himself at risk of being challenged to the death match.

But I definitely understand being upset about what played out.
Back to top Go down
BlakeMaguire

BlakeMaguire

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 3:28 pm

Im not upset that he didnt agree with us, we are supposed to come to a unanimous decision. Im upset that his disagreement was not discussed as only one other person saw his post before the decision was made to flip the tables.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 3:46 pm

Ok I see what you're saying. Maybe if this happens in the future, Mas could add more time if someone posts a dissenting opinion to give everyone a chance to see it.
Back to top Go down
alrmw31

alrmw31

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 5:00 pm

Usually weekends I have time on Sundays but my nieces sweet sixteen was this weekend and been busy
Back to top Go down
metsrus

metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 5:13 pm

BlakeMaguire wrote:

We had agreed on someone and he said no made it split because he wanted you voted in

We meaning you, Than, and Kathy at best.  That's just half of the group and barely unanimous.  I still stand by my offer though to go to the death match though.

Last edited by metsrus on Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alrmw31

alrmw31

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Hmm so I just checked the room and have some points to make. I was expecting something else from reading this section first.

-only 3 people officially voted, so I don't get the metsrus drama

I guess thats just one point lol. But basically I posted I'll vote anyone IDC and left. This was before a name was brought up. Then 1 person named someone, a second person said they were ok voting them and then mets said no. Person 2 said they were ok voting someone else and then that was the end.

How did that create so much drama? What this shows me though is that this game will last forever with this unanimous concept and it will not be active if it votes and things are on weekends.

Amen!!!

Back to top Go down
alrmw31

alrmw31

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 5:15 pm

Also for mas, please wait for someone to make a vote official. To post "I'll vote anyone idc" could be a strategy but does not mean you will literally vote anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #1...   Main Match #1... - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Main Match #1...
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next