The Genius IMDb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players of IMDb pits their skills against one another to be crowned The Genius

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Main Match 7

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 7:48 pm

Vampire / Gumiho
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 8:37 pm

Assigning randomly takes some of the strategy out of it (not that anyone was successful with that part of strategizing). That said, Pete and Than probably need to get to bed. Maybe give him a little while?
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 8:42 pm

Yeah, will do that. If unfortunately they go to sleep, will have to wait for them. This challenge is turn-based so bound to wait for some ppl anyway
Back to top Go down
https://thegeniusimdb.forumotion.com
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 9:00 pm

Or just assign Mets whatever characters give me better odds, then as a penalty have him draw 3 vampires and place them all on 3. Very Happy

Glad the US trip is going well, btw. Hopefully you haven't encountered any of the hostility you were worried about. New York is great (from my limited experience), and around Christmas time is a classic. Lived in DC for a while as a kid and can't believe anyone would willingly visit there. Ha, hope you enjoyed it, though.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 9:06 pm

Haha. I enjoyed DC. So many museums and it's free lol. I couldn't cover everything. I'm a fan of history so i like going to all those places.

Philly was a little too cold and windy for me..NY's weather seems like DC so not too bad.

And yeah, didn't really recieve much hostililty. Although my immigration officer might have written something when i reached dc at the airport cos the person who checked my bag called his colleague and heard them whispering about the immigration officer shouldn't be writing those things and about the shooting that happened recently. But yeah, nothing really bad happen then too. People has been great.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 9:20 pm

Air & Space and Natural History museums were amazing. So, fair - it does have some great museums and monuments that are very American history focused (which is I guess is more interesting if you're not American... ha).

Wow... that must've been a weird unwelcoming welcome. But it makes sense you'd have the most trouble at the airports themselves, sadly. Glad it's been good overall. Staying on the East coast or venturing out (the West coast is my biased favorite, and definitely has far better weather)?
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 9:27 pm

Staying on the east coast. New york is my last stop
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 11:07 am

Well, hope you enjoy it. Looks like you might have a relaxing time without worrying about this game. I hope Mets is alright... almost a little worried now. He usually signs on more than this, especially knowing a challenge was starting.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 11:15 am

yeah, i hope he's doing ok. anyway, the structure of this challenge kinda needs everyone to play because of the choices. and if i dun wait for him, there will be 3 characters unused so yeah, giving him one more day prob and then i will see whether we should just postpone it to after xmas or something
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 11:27 am

3 characters unused???  Just between Than/Pete/Adam/and I we *should* have 4 covered:

Jiangshi / Mummy  ---------- THAN
Mummy / Zombie -----------ADAM
Zombie / Gumiho ------------PETE
Vampire / Gumiho -----------TOMCAT

So if 3 are unused, that's a little troubling.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 11:39 am

Yeah, cos if skips his turns, only 18 characters are drawn instead of 21. That's why i need him. Anyway, we had a long stretch for the last 2 main matches so prob we can wait. And it's xmas week anyway
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 11:44 am

Oh, right... the coins for each round. Whew, scared me for a second.

Yeah. Realistically, come Thursday it might make more sense to just put the game on hold for a few days. Hopefully we can get a round or two in before that, though. I guess this round isn't very intensive - you just need to show up once per round and place chips. With only 7 people left, it might actually be easier to schedule 30 minutes to do each round live.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 12:33 am

It's Christmas Eve and since I'm long past the age of being incentivized to go to bed early awaiting Santa (or, the reindeer, because flying reindeer are far cooler than some fat dude with a beard), I'm just gonna ramble about some thoughts on the game.

Right now, the goal is just to attempt to make the final 3 Adam, Pete, and myself. If we get to that point... gloves are off. I have a feeling there's something between Nat and Than (Sam may or may not be involved), which makes me wary of Pete and Than, or Pete erring too much on the side of benefiting Than. I really have no clue why I think that, I just do.

I don't know where Mets stands at this point... Sam? I feel like Than is going to be very important in this game very quickly.

Adam... it's funny. I've never played a game with him, so I have no idea what he would or wouldn't do. Still, Adam is good people and the person I trust the most. And, in turn, he's the person whose trust I wouldn't want to break. While I like Pete a lot, I'd probably be plotting against him by now - at least preparing for it - if not for Adam.

I'm not very confident in how this challenge will play out, but I also don't want to push it. As it stands, I've come in 1st in 2 Main Matches. I have more garnets than anyone else and yet I've never been to the Death Match/won them off someone else. Which actually isn't a bad thing in this game... being a challenge threat means you're less likely to be challenged to the Death Match. While having a high garnet count could be tempting, it also means if someone challenges you, you get the first move. It's probably why I've been a little openly arrogant with some people (it's posturing, an attempt to make them think twice about challenging me). But completely going rogue, with this game being so alliance-driven, is deadly.

There's also the issue of sharing information... I realize I've shared a lot in many cases. The idea there is a strategy I developed in Lsquared... the more information you give, the more you shape the other person's strategy. The more you help shape the other person's strategy, the more you know their strategy. The more you know their strategy, the easier it becomes to counter it. If you can't figure out what they're going to do or what to expect, then lead them into doing something so you can at least predict their move. But you can only do that so much before people catch on.

I guess that's all. Thought I had more. Hope you're enjoying New York.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 6:30 pm

I want to strangle them both right now.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 1:25 pm

If there are multiple winners and multiple Death Match candidate, how is it decided who goes to the Death Match? Does the winner decide/ the winners vote, or do both losers automatically go to the Death Match?
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 6:16 pm

Lol. This scenario has happened before a few times. The winners must unanimously vote to choose one person from the losers to go to the Death match..that person will then choose someone who doesn't have a token of life to go to the death match.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 7:50 pm

Ha! Thanks. I figured it was the same as usual, I just wanted to make sure before I surrendered and just went along with whatever their plan is. Redundant question, sorry - but better safe than sorry, since it's likely I'll be in that situation.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 3:37 am

Part of me hopes Mets wins, even though I can't say that to Adam and Pete. I like Mets, he's a great player, and I think he's a respectable opponent (because he is an opponent at this point) to ultimately lose to (or beat). I'm sure Than is cool, too - but I've never interacted with him at all.

Than winning would (might) be more advantageous, though. But too many advantages make games boring, right? In some ways, this game has been too easy up to this point. Which isn't a bad thing... my moments being annoyed with them aside (I'm a miserable misanthrope and get annoyed with everyone), I have a great alliance (lolz, sorry) and that's helped a lot. I guess it was similar in iBB - an alliance of people I trusted, respected their ability to understand and make good moves. Maybe I'm settling into a pattern... idk.

Anyway... weird time for the challenge. Trying to stay up because I'm curious to see how it goes, but... we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 4:05 am

A minute to think? Trade with 2, then 4, then 3... get the Green 3. Easy! Unless he already has a Green 6, I guess. Hm.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 4:52 am

Er, shouldn't I have 19 garnets???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Main Match 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match 7   Main Match 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Main Match 7
Page 1 of 1