HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
metsrus

metsrus

mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck   mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 10:49 am

maybe start out with some yes/no questions and get into more specific questions once you narrow it down. want to do a test run with me?
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck   mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 11:02 am

Is the sum of all numbers, added together, greater or less than 20 (or any x)?

Do any numbers repeat?

Questions about evens/odds in each position, asking if each position is greater or less than 5 (or 5.5, to not exclude 5), etc... should help narrow it down without going number by number.

Back to top Go down
metsrus

metsrus

PostSubject: Re: mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck   mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 12:05 pm

That's a good idea, Tom.  you wanna do an example with me?
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck   mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 2:31 pm

You could also ask about prime numbers (2357) or numbers divisible by 3 (369) to help narrow the search.

The repeating numbers is a good ?.
Back to top Go down
SailormoonSk2

SailormoonSk2

PostSubject: Re: mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck   mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 2:47 pm

Those are very good ideas, guys.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck   mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 4:12 pm

I don't think asking questions about 'all' the numbers is the way to go...not at first anyway...better off asking about individual numbers :

is the first number higher than 4
is the 2nd number higher/lower than first number etc
then you can ask about the total of all numbers / or prime numbers
Back to top Go down
DanaShelby Chancey

DanaShelby Chancey

PostSubject: Re: mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck   mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Yes these suggestions are good ones.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck   mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 1:40 pm

It might be a good idea to pick a couple strategies and test run them, to see which takes the fewest questions and you can figure out what works. Mets offered. I can help with a run through tomorrow starting a couple hours before the challenge, too.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck   mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 7:32 pm

Dana, if you sign on and want to try a quick run-through before the match starts, I have the page open. Otherwise, goodluck!
Back to top Go down
metsrus

metsrus

PostSubject: Re: mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck   mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 1:08 pm

how you guys wanna do this?
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck   mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 1:11 pm

I made a new thread in this room since this one was getting long. Easier for those who sign on later to follow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck   mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mets, sam, dana, adam, pete, tomcat and duck
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6