The Genius IMDb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players of IMDb pits their skills against one another to be crowned The Genius

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 Empty
PostSubject: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 12:54 am

OK, so that sucks.  Really sucks.  Really really sucks.

I'm guessing this challenge involves using garnets for an advantage of some sort.  So we could have 2 options: 1.) throw me into the Death Match, challenge one of them, hope it works, or 2.) blow through as many garnets as necessary to win and keep both of us safe, so they have to challenge each other.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 5:11 am

wow !! Talk about bad luck !! There was nothing he could do the way those cards were stacked against him.

I watched a few of the shows, and there's only one group challenge I can remember where you could buy stuff with garnets...but I'm not sure that this challenge is transferable to this kind of forum format.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 9:20 am

I've read the rules a few times , and I don't see how Sam can possibly get through this...

she has 10 chips + 8 garnets / which means she can only "pass" 18 times , and thats before she has even placed a "bid" , with 26 cubes in total in the auction , it's just not possible !!
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 10:00 am

OK ,

This game is easy as long as you are willing to give up all your garnets lol
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 11:01 am

So, basically, one of us keeps taking the number with garnets until we get Whatever number is 1 more (or, x-[2x+1]) than the number of chips we have, to get a score of -1 (the best possible score to win).

The problem is if, say, you have 10 chips and need -11, but you also get a -10 (then you'd only keep the -10... but then you could keep passing until you get spent 9 chips... so actually, getting -1 is the best option).  Really, the goal is just to get -1 and we win - period.  That's basically it, right?
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 11:09 am

yeah, thats what I thought too....but there is one small problem...

every number has to get taken !! So in other words , nobody will want -28 , obviously...but someone will have to take it, no choice....or we keep passing and losing our chips and garnets.

There is however, a way round that. If it goes round 3 times , people passing , then by the time it comes back to you, there will be 15 chips/garnets in the "pot" , so to speak, then it's worth taking it. You then hope the same happens with -27 and -26 , maybe this is the way to win , as long as you have consecutive numbers, then only the lowest one counts.

Of course, it all depends on the order of the numbers, and also which "number" has been taken out by mas lol. This challenge could be very tricky lol
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 11:25 am

It seems to buy a number doesn't cost anything... only to pass.  And any remaining chips are positive numbers.

Does the list always stay in that order, or is the person who bought the number the first to bid next round?  If so, there's an easy solution... if the first number is something Nat doesn't bid on, you could take literally every number and your final score would be that total +10 (ex: if the number left out is 17, your score would end up being -9).  Nat's final score would be +9 (since it's not at least -1, he wouldn't win).  Mets, Sam, and I would have the final score of +10.  As the sole winner, you'd give a token of life to one of us (ideally me) and choose another for the Death Match.

The only remaining Death Match candidates would be Sam, Nat, and Mets.

I'm gonna ask Mas about that in my confessional so no one catches on.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 6:54 pm

Quote :
Tomcat Murr wrote:
   Another question... is the bidding order set each round, or does it change depending on previous bids?  Like, if Pete bids on a number, does it start with Pete the following round?  Or does it start with the next person on the list, or does it go back and start with Nat again?

Pete will start the next round since he bids on the previous number.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 6:59 pm

ok , this is the way I see it.

if I do collect all the numbers, then you mets and sam would all be on +10 points , nat would be on +9 points , and I would be the only one in negative numbers , which means I would be the death match candidate.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 7:02 pm

Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #9... Yesterday at 2:34 pm Select/Unselect multi-quote Reply with quote
yes, once the auction starts, each player will go around passing until someone decides to bid and take the number. i will then update the number of chips, garnets as well the number each player is holding before i reveal the next number for bidding.

and if u have a positive score, it's ok. but i think the chances might be low.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 7:07 pm

So, basically, if Nat skips the first number, you win - no contest.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 7:11 pm

I'm gonna ask mas who would win if 1 player has -5 and another has +9
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 7:23 pm

ok,
the player with the negative score wins.

I have to admit , the idea of winning this challenge so easily is appealing, and of course we would both have a token of life..... I just don't like the fact that Mas has come up with this game etc and I'm gonna basically ruin it by using this tactic. I would rather beat these guys the way the challenge should be played. If you want to do it that way , that's your choice...I would prefer not to myself.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 1:00 am

I'm going for it. You and Adam got your sneaky sabotage moments, but I never did.

It's our best bet of being safe this round (and if it fails, I'll be a bigger target than you). Mas has said that many of the challenges have loopholes, and a lot of the game is thinking outside the box. All the same, I ran it by him... he didn't say yes, but he didn't say no - and he posted for Sam and me to bid/pass when we're ready after I asked. It's not against the rules, it's not purposely losing the challenge to go to the Death Match... it's finding a way to win it with the best odds possible.

It does feel cheap and like sabotage/not giving anyone a chance, but that's nothing new in this game. And the reaction at the end should be interesting. Very Happy So... we'll see if this works.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 6:23 am

Tomcat Murr wrote:
I'm going for it.  You and Adam got your sneaky sabotage moments, but I never did.  

It's our best bet of being safe this round (and if it fails, I'll be a bigger target than you).  Mas has said that many of the challenges have loopholes, and a lot of the game is thinking outside the box.  All the same, I ran it by him... he didn't say yes, but he didn't say no - and he posted for Sam and me to bid/pass when we're ready after I asked.  It's not against the rules, it's not purposely losing the challenge to go to the Death Match... it's finding a way to win it with the best odds possible.  

It does feel cheap and like sabotage/not giving anyone a chance, but that's nothing new in this game.  And the reaction at the end should be interesting. Very Happy So... we'll see if this works.

I can't disagree with anything you've said , so good luck !! (and don't forget about me when it comes to handing out the extra life Wink )

P.S
The reaction at the end will be MOST interesting lol

EDIT :
alternately, you can give the like token to someone else (nat) , and nominate me as the death match candidate. I challenge Sam in the death match , it keeps our alliance unknown to the others and if I beat Sam then that gives us the edge in the last 4 (cause giving the life token to Nat might help us). Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 9:58 am

The last post by Mas is interesting :

Quote :
just to add one more rule:

on the very rare chance that everybody have positive numbers, the person/people with the biggest positive number will win the token of life.

What it means is that if the number taken out at the start is either :
-3 -4 -5 -6 -7 -8 -9 , then you will end up with +9 +5 +4 +3 +2 +1 or 0 , which means that Sam would be the winner with +10 !!! The odds of it being any of those numbers is roughly 7/2 . The odds are in your favour, but it would be a real kick in the teeth lol
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 11:02 am

I've considered that.  It will come down to the last number and the number removed.  As long as the other numbers truly are random (Mas, please don't troll my trolling), with the 2 last numbers revealed, I should be able to decide whether to pass or bid.  For example, if it looks like one of those is going to be the removed number, I can pass... when it depends on the last number revealed + whatever chains I have.

I guess it's an all or nothing - I'm either the winner or the loser.  But again, if that happens... EVERYONE is gonna want to challenge me (and I may be going straight to the Death Match, which was my original plan), so you'll be safe.  It should be easy to maintain a negative number... it's just a matter of if someone else gets the better negative number (as long as it's down to chance, the odds are low).  Mas likes Adam and clearly didn't rig in his favor, so I assume he won't rig against me if he's annoyed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 11:15 am

Good luck Wink

I'll keep my fingers crossed ! Maybe Mas put that post up to try and put you off...
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 11:24 am

Unfortunately, once I started, I can't stop... it's the biggest pitfall of the strategy. Once I start accumulating high numbers, I'd be entirely reliant on others ending with positive numbers. I might've rethought it if I knew the rule before, but now... I'm stuck. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 1:00 pm

This is not looking good !!!!!!!!!!

10 numbers left , and out of those 10 are 3 numbers that would spoil things !!
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 1:02 pm

You never know. We'll see what happens. When it gets down to the last 2, we'll see what numbers are available and plan accordingly. You're safe - I can promise you that much. Me... not so sure.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 1:08 pm

Here's a tally:

3. X
4. X
5. X
6. X
7. X
9. X
10. X
11. X
12. X
14. X
15. X
16. X
17. X
18. X
19. X
21. X
22. X
23. X
24. X
25. X
26. X
27. X
28. X

Last edited by Tomcat Murr on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 1:25 pm

I was tempted to pass on that 3, but I don't think anyone would let it get back to me if I did. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 1:28 pm

BREAKING NEWS !!!!

You can't lose !!! No matter what the missing number is

I've worked it out lol
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 1:28 pm

keep bidding til you get to the las t 2 numbers, and I'll exp[lain Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9   P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

P(ADAM)T, Main Match 9
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next