The Genius IMDb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players of IMDb pits their skills against one another to be crowned The Genius

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Match 7: PAT plays a board game

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
switza

switza

Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 5:31 pm

He has gumiho and jiangshi isn't catching up, so he might to get his 3 points. That would put Than and Sam in last???
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 6:55 pm

Yeah, I can skip if you want. But Jiangshi is so far behind, his best option is probably to help Gumiho win.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 7:44 pm

yeah ,of course...sorry I made a mistake and forgot that he had gumiho Wink
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 2:28 pm

OK, for whatever reason I wasn't thinking about the tie/unanimous vote thing. Ugh.

Pete, are you and Nat making any ground?
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 2:37 pm

Hi..yeah , we've voted for Than.

Originally , the plan was to tell tNat that , Sam was heading for the death match no matter what...because if we both vote for Than, then he would pick Sam as his opponent. So unless Sam actually wanted Than as an opponent, it would be better to vote for her...then she could at least choose herself. Nat said he was gonna talk to Sam about it...in the meantime , Than has changed his mind , and said we should just vote for him....he would give me his garnets in case he loses the death match, and pick someone other than Sam. But he hasn't told me who yet , the only thing he said is that it would be too embarrassing to lose to a girl in a death match lololol , so he would choose a guy !

Nat and I both agreed and voted for Than...now we're just waiting for the announcement from Mas, and Than to choose his opponent. I tried to convince him to go for Sam , but he was having none of it.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 3:31 pm

Which means it'll probably be Adam or me, and one of the 3 of us will be gone. Sad

Oh well, I guess that makes the game more exciting. We've dodged every bullet up to this point.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 3:43 pm

Than hasn't been back since his last post. Mas just asked Nat and I to confirm that we were both voting for Than...won't be long til Than has to announce his opponent.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 3:47 pm

Maybe he'll target Mets - that would be good.  If it looks like it's between Adam and me, you can try to steer it toward me (but please only do that if he rules out Mets and Sam and you know it's Adam or me).  Honestly, Sam is his best chance of winning (I haven't seen Adam in individual challenges, but I assume he's good based on his ability to figure them out/create them) - if he wants to stay in the game, Sam is his best bet.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 4:01 pm

Depends on the challenge really. Mas recycled on the last death match so it could be the high-low game again (the one that eliminated Blake).

I think I'm likeliest to get targeted if he bases on challenge ability. If based on garnets, obviously you would be the target. I've talked to him a little (while we were criminals together) but not sure how much you've communicated with him.

But mets again acted like he wanted in the death match, so not sure if he'll take him up on that offer.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 4:07 pm

I'm not sure what Mets' goal was with that. Sometimes he's very predictable, sometimes he's not predictable at all.

I haven't talked to Than at all, so if he's basing it on that, I'll definitely be the target. Which is fine... I'm only sad he gave his garnets to Pete if that's the case. Sad I might lose, but the odds are probably in my favor. I don't think Than has paid attention to other games I've been in, so he might think I'm an easier target than you or Mets.

But mostly, Than has been useful... I'd like him to challenge Sam just so we (through Pete) could help him beat Sam.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 4:13 pm

Than said he was giving me his garnets because he doesn't feel confident at all about a death match, and he would rather I have them than someone else since we've worked as a team. I told him it wasn't a good idea , some of the death matches in the tv show it's better to have garnets (there was an indian poker death match where both players started with 20 coins + extra coins for every garnet) so he decided to keep 2.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 4:23 pm

Hopefully he chooses Mets, then just help him beat Mets. I doubt Mas would have a garnet based challenge when the garnets are so disproportionate, unless it was planned ahead and unwavering.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 4:27 pm

I've left him another message on the thread....to pick Sam or Mets. Fingers crossed Wink
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 5:35 pm

I don't believe it lol , Than says he's gonna pick Sam as his opponent now that Mets has given her all his garnets lolololol .... he hasn't confirmed it yet , but that certainly would make him "Mr Popular" !!!
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 5:56 pm

Ha! That would be a clever play, but it's also gonna make him enemy number 1 if he survives.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 7:04 pm

Someone else as enemy #1 is good for us
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 4:04 pm

Basically, the longer you can hold off trading, the more you'll be able to see what the other player has traded and determine which player you should trade with (since once traded with, that virtual player reveals a card they have, and it gives some indication what's in the virtual player's hand).  Also, the more likely you are to get a good card, since the virtual card is traded based on what's already shown (ie: if you have 3 colors laid out before trading, you'll get the color you need if the virtual player has it.

The ideal opening hand would have a 6 of any color and at least a 3 (but not another 6) of another color.  Revealing as many cards as possible before trading seems ideal, because it means you're much less likely get that same number/color from a virtual player.

Does that seem about right?  Any other tricks to this?
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 5:01 pm

I just helped Than in the practice game they had.

I think there is a fair amount of luck ( as in , the first 4 cards you are given ) , yes, you can change them twice if they are not very good, but still, you want at least 2 good cards.

It also helps if the other player plays first, in my opinion. whatever colour card he puts down first , it's ideal to have one card of that colour in your hand. THe first card you trade will be that one. Then you are in a very strong position...cause ultimately, the last card you trade in the whole game will make or break you.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 10:47 pm

Yeah, you ideally need at least 2 cards to start with. But there's no real advantage to having a full good hand, since you have to trade (in fact, having a perfect hand to begin with means you won't be able to keep it). I guess mulligan until you get at least 2 good cards (and if your other 2 cards in some way block your opponent, even better).

If, for example, you were dealt 4, 5, and 6 (all red), it would leave your opponent with only 1 red they'd want to play (3), and they'd have to be dealt that card, or forced to trade earlier than may otherwise necessary. Same goes for a 6 of 3 different colors (like in the episode Mas linked). Basically making your opponent need to trade (at least to get as high as possible). Of course, that's down to the hand you're dealt. But with either of those, you still need at least a 3 of another color.

Than won the test run, so that's promising.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Match 7: PAT plays a board game   Match 7: PAT plays a board game - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Match 7: PAT plays a board game
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4