The Genius IMDb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players of IMDb pits their skills against one another to be crowned The Genius

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 4:04 pm

Oops. Sorry about that.

You are a "Human".
Back to top Go down
https://thegeniusimdb.forumotion.com
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 9:15 pm

Q: If we use the cure, does that undo the points we collected? For example, if I touch 3 humans and 1 zombie, by using the cure do I still get to keep my 3 points from touching the humans?
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 10:40 pm

Yes, as long it's within 3 hours or before the end of the round
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 3:12 am

I find it interesting that Sam and Mets didn't request to touch each other/Mets didn't take up Sam's offer. I'd tentatively guess one of them is a zombie. We'll see if Sam touches Than after Than touched me, which should clarify things a little. I have a feeling Switza is the other. This round was only to try to suss out who's who/what I should do next round.

When we take the cure, do we post it in the thread or our confessional? (I'll be taking it in about an hour)

Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 3:16 am

post it in the confessional
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 4:33 am

I'm taking the cure now.

Also, I withdrew my request to touch Sam (just edited the post since she hadn't seen it yet - so I have no pending offers to touch anyone).
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 12:26 pm

A couple questions:

1. If the person we touch is a zombie and we don't score a point, does it still count as a touch and keep us from becoming a zombie (again) when the round ends?

2. If we were to buy another cure, would we post that in the thread or confessional?
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 2:31 pm

Tomcat Murr wrote:
A couple questions:

1. If the person we touch is a zombie and we don't score a point, does it still count as a touch and keep us from becoming a zombie (again) when the round ends?  

2. If we were to buy another cure, would we post that in the thread or confessional?  

Yes, stiĺl counted as a touch. Post in confessional
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 3:09 pm

Please re-open my room with Kevin.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 3:53 pm

I'll now use the cure that Pete gave me.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 1:06 pm

*Technically*, Mets touched me after the challenge was over... it's up to you how strict you want to be with that deadline, though.  But *technically* trying to toe the line of the deadline was part of my strategy here and why I delayed.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 7:28 pm

When you get the chance (no rush), can you reopen the Nat/Tom PM board? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 1:09 am

So, that was amazing.  Kevin seems really nice and both he and Mets were very loyal to each other, so absolutely nothing against him.  But he was the most logical choice as a relatively easy shot to take numbers from the "other" side (because yes, this has become an alliance game).  

So, this is the real confessional part: I knew what I was doing a little more than I let on to Switza and Pete.  Somehow I think a careless move is more forgivable than a deliberately deceptive move, regardless of a positive result.  Last night I looked at the iBB forum and Lsquared to read past confessionals by Mets, Nat, and Duck (the latter only on iBB).  The goal was to try to figure out any sort of consistency in their strategies.  I also took past comments I'd seen on IMDb between Nat and Sam and tried to make some sense of it all.  Basically tried to get a more solid sense of their history (because this is the most I've ever knowingly talked to people from the Games board - I did in Lsquared, but had no clue who anyone was at the time/secret identities, anyway).

I didn't know Nat would want to target Duck, but I kind of got the feeling it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibilities (strong link between Nat and Sam, Mets and Duck).  I gather Nat has talked to Than to some degree (via Pete).  I wanted to feel out the situation and see what I could learn/what I could brace for (worst case scenario, I don't touch him and the vote goes to Switza and Pete).  But what I learned looked more promising.

No certainty, but it was a decent lead.   And it worked.  I won the token of life and the garnets without having to nominate anyone, Adam and Pete were safe, we didn't have to fire any shots, Kevin was challenged and eliminated without any of us having to do it, Mets is probably upset at Nat, Sam might be in a precarious position; and between Adam/Pete/Than/me, we have a majority (again, in a game that's become alliance-based... lol, sorry).  

It can all change in a moment, depending on how the next challenge is structured and who does what.  But for Round 6... it couldn't have gone better.  That very well may change, so I'm not comfortable or anything stupid like that.

EDIT: I should add that I really do like Nat, and hope in the future we can properly play a game together from the beginning, rather than sort of using him as leverage. I came into this game wanting to work with Adam and Mets, ended up working with Adam and Pete, and have ended up getting to know others (but Nat more than the rest). I think Mets is an amazing player, and it sucks we didn't really end up working together, but I'm fine with that and it's cool being able to be "against" him in a way (much respect for him). Nat I'm not really against, but I'm not with him, either - and can't be, at least not without going against Adam and Pete. Pete, for any complaints I've had, is actually another person I've come to really like and respect in the game and I'm happy to be working with him. It's still weird thinking of Adam as a player rather than host, but he's obviously good people. It's a game, though... so any sociopathic comments about anyone (and how I need to "use" them) is entirely in context of the game - as a game - and nothing more (I feel like a dick re-reading some things I write, and just felt the need to clarify that).

Last edited by Tomcat Murr on Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 1:12 am

Also, can we get the PAT board back?

And the individual PM boards for Mets, Nat, and Sam?

I just realized one of the people I indirectly rely most on in this game - Than - I've never talked to at all.  Hm.  It can stay that way for now, but that may become problematic eventually.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 11:44 am

When we draw coins, can we give them to someone closer to the end of the line to play them? For example, could Pete and I give Adam our coins, leaving Adam with 9 coins to play at the end?

Not expecting to actually do that, just because it would be too obvious. But it could be a good final trump.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 12:52 pm

I'll take that as a no.

I watched the match on the show (or, watched the strategy and results, and skipped through parts of actually placing chips)... interestingly, the character no one bet on came in 2nd, because everyone used it as a pawn to block and distract others. The character than came in first had a decent amount of people betting on it, but not the most nor the least... so there were enough people rooting for it, but not enough to remove too many chips.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 12:54 pm

Tomcat Murr wrote:
When we draw coins, can we give them to someone closer to the end of the line to play them?  For example, could Pete and I give Adam our coins, leaving Adam with 9 coins to play at the end?

Not expecting to actually do that, just because it would be too obvious.  But it could be a good final trump.

No, you can't give away coins
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 12:56 pm

Tomcat Murr wrote:
I'll take that as a no.

I watched the match on the show (or, watched the strategy and results, and skipped through parts of actually placing chips)... interestingly, the character no one bet on came in 2nd, because everyone used it as a pawn to block and distract others.  The character than came in first had a decent amount of people betting on it, but not the most nor the least... so there were enough people rooting for it, but not enough to remove too many chips.

Of course, you had 12 people then so you have room for error. With 7 it's a bit more risky.

They actually played it twice, in final 5 with former players asked back
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 1:07 pm

Yeah, plus everyone here will be playing it differently. I'm just trying to get a sense of what will work, and trying to figure out what as many people bet as possible to try to apply that. I'll check out the final 5 later before solidifying anything (yes, I'll probably be placing my character bets last minute... Very Happy). Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 2:16 pm

I didn't watch the full challenge but watched the bets and the results.  That outcome is a little different, though, because of the piggyback.  

The puddles are definitely a factor to consider.  The puddle on the 11th space should be important...

As for the finish, do we have to land directly on it or will anything do?  Like, if someone is on the 12th space, do they need a 1 to reach the finish, or would 2 and 3 work, too?
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 2:33 pm

Tomcat Murr wrote:
I didn't watch the full challenge but watched the bets and the results.  That outcome is a little different, though, because of the piggyback.  

The puddles are definitely a factor to consider.  The puddle on the 11th space should be important...

As for the finish, do we have to land directly on it or will anything do?  Like, if someone is on the 12th space, do they need a 1 to reach the finish, or would 2 and 3 work, too?

Any 1, 2 or 3 will win and end the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Round 6... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6...   Round 6... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6...
Page 1 of 1