The Genius IMDb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players of IMDb pits their skills against one another to be crowned The Genius

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Main Match #4...

Go down 
+7
alrmw31
Thanasis
soullimbo
switza
WolfNVX4444
mrduckbear
SailormoonSk2
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 10:49 pm

We will begin the 4th round of The Genius game.

In the 3rd round, Blake was eliminated.

Now there are 10 players remaining.

Before we start the game, I will reveal how many garnets each player has.

10 garnets - Metsrus

6 garnets - Tomcat

4 garnets - Metsrus, Thanasis, Sam

3 garnets - Nat

2 garnets - Kevin, Adam, Pete

1 garnet - Kathy, Jess
Back to top Go down
https://thegeniusimdb.forumotion.com
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 10:54 pm

We will begin the 4th round's Main Match now.

I will introduce the 4th Main Match.

The 4th Main Match is the "Jury Game".

The Jury Game will be played in Citizen and Criminal teams.

In 5 trials, the Citizen team will try to get a Guilty verdict while the Criminal team will try to get the Not Guilty verdict.

After randomly using Random.org, 6 players will be placed in the Citizen team and 4 players will be placed in the Criminals team. You will be informed of your role through your Confessionals page.

I will not reveal who is on what team.

There is 1 leader in each team.

The Criminal team will know their members but not who the leader is.

The Citizen team will not know each other's identities.

However, the Citizen's team leader will know the identities of the criminal team except for their leader.

The Citizen team must avoid the Criminal team's interference and draw out 3 Guilty verdicts over 5 trials.

The Criminal team must draw out 3 Not Guilty verdicts.

I will explain how to play the game in the next post.
Back to top Go down
SailormoonSk2

SailormoonSk2

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 10:56 pm

Oh wow this sounds like so much fun!!
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:01 pm

The game will have 5 rounds. Each round will consists of a jury selection and a trial.

All 10 players will take turns as a foreperson.The order of turns will be determined before the game starts.

Start of each round, the foreperson will select a jury for the current round. The number of jurors will change depending on the round.

The trials in Rounds 1 and 2 will have 4 jurors. The trials in Rounds 3 and 4 will have 5 jurors. The trial in Round 5 will have 6 jurors.

When the foreperson selects a jury, there will be a vote of approval for that jury. Everyone will post on the game thread whether they agree or disagree.

If the majority approves, the jury will take part in the trial. Anybody who doesn't vote by the time period will be considered agreeing to the jury selection.

If the majority or equal number disapprove, the jury will be dispersed and the next foreperson will get their turn.

The appointed jury will then cast their vote in their confessional page of "Guilty" or "Not Guilty".
How a member voted will not be revealed.

The outcome of the trial will be revealed once everyone has voted. If somebody didn't vote by the time period, they will automatically vote according to their role.

A unanimous vote is required for a Guilty verdict. If even one person chooses "Not Guilty", the trial decision will be "Not Guilty".

In Round 4 only however, the trial will only reach a Not Guilty verdict if at least 2 person chooses Not Guilty.

When a team wins 3 trials, there will be no more trials held.

However, winning the trials will not result in a game win.

The team that loses the trials will get one last chance to turn the tables.

If the citizen team loses the trial, the citizen leader must guess the criminal leader. If they guess the criminal leader correctly, the citizen team wins the game.

Conversely, if the criminal team loses the trial, the criminal leader must guesses the citizen leader. If they guess the citizen leader correctly, the criminal team wins the game.

However if they fail to guess the leader correctly, the team that won the trials will win the game.

The winning team will each get a token of life and 2 garnets each. They also must choose an elimination candidate to be sent to the Death Match from the losing team.

The Death Match player will then choose one of their teammates to face off in the Death Match.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Remember, there are no more PMs! So even if you want to speak with just 1 other person, you need to set up a room.

The 1st round will start at Fri, 10 AM EST.

The order of the foreman will be posted in awhile. And then after, I will post the respective roles.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:03 pm

Here's the order of the foreman:

1. Kevin
2. Metsrus
3. Adam
4. Jess
5. Tomcat
6. Pete
7. Thanasis
8. Nat
9. Kathy
10. Sam

Take note, if the first 5 foreman's selections are all approved, there's no need for the rest to become a foreman. Foreman's selections are automatically approved if the number of players and the numbers of rounds remaining are the same.
Back to top Go down
mrduckbear

mrduckbear

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:16 pm

so when it starts, i have to choose 4 people to be on the jury and then the 9 others vote if they approve of the jury and then after that the 4 people will vote guilty or not guilty?
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:16 pm

Everyone should have their roles posted on their confessionals page.

Kevin, since you are the first foreman, please post on your confessionals page by 10 am est the 4 people you are choosing to be the jury. alternatively, you can post it here at that time too if you are free. I will give a time period and everyone must post here by that time period if they agree to kevin's selection.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:18 pm

mrduckbear wrote:
so when it starts, i have to choose 4 people to be on the jury and then the 9 others vote if they approve of the jury and then after that the 4 people will vote guilty or not guilty?

yes, correct. if at least 5 person approves, the 4 person you selected will vote guilty or not guilty on their confessional page.

you can choose yourself as part of the jury if you wish to.
Back to top Go down
WolfNVX4444

WolfNVX4444

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:21 pm

This sounds fun!
Back to top Go down
mrduckbear

mrduckbear

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:27 pm

ok, that sounds reasonable. i think i'm gonna choose before that though so that i don't hold things up..this could take awhile with the whole approval and then guilty or not guilty vote.. alien
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:30 pm

Yup, this might take awhile. However, if everybody makes jury selection fast and/or approves jury selection and/or votes guilty or not guilty before the time period is up, we will continue. So it's up to u all to speed things up.
Back to top Go down
mrduckbear

mrduckbear

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:31 pm

ok, i will make my choices now sunny
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:32 pm

Don't post here yet since the challenge starts tomorrow. You can Post on your own page if you want me to post for you at the start of the challenge.
Back to top Go down
mrduckbear

mrduckbear

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:33 pm

ok, i did that already..although if i change my mind, i will post that in there...
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 5:07 am

just to be sure, when the foreman decides on the jury, the approve/not approve votes are to be decided on this thread. you don't have to write in your confessional.

and the foreman is also voting for the approve/not approve. it needs to be majority for the jury to be passed. it cannot be tied or majority not approving
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 7:13 am

Want to make sure I have this correct.
First 3 rounds, only 1 not guilty vote is needed for not guilty verdict. And 3 wins for either side wins the match? So it could end after 3 rounds with 1 not guilty vote each round?
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 7:19 am

switza wrote:
Want to make sure I have this correct.
First 3 rounds, only 1 not guilty vote is needed for not guilty verdict. And 3 wins for either side wins the match? So it could end after 3 rounds with 1 not guilty vote each round?

yes, once 3 rounds of guilty or not guilty is reached, no more trials is conducted.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 7:21 am

The head citizen knows the criminal identities. Can they just tell the other citizens? Seems like it would be easy to get majority vote on juries if the citizens know the criminals.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 7:22 am

the citizen leader only know 3 of the criminals. they don't know who is the criminal leader. so that is something to consider
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 7:24 am

and remember that even if 3 guilty or not guilty verdicts are reached, the losing side still have one last chance to flip the tables as long the leader can guess who is the other side's leader.
Back to top Go down
switza

switza

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 7:34 am

Are the citizens allowed to reveal their identity to each other? Seems like it would be really easy to determine the head criminal identity if the citizens can talk.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 7:38 am

switza wrote:
Are the citizens allowed to reveal their identity to each other? Seems like it would be really easy to determine the head criminal identity if the citizens can talk.

anybody can reveal their identity. it's up to them if they wish to do it or not. and nobody says you must reveal your true identity. so it's up to you to decide whether those who proclaim they are citizens are really that or not.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 10:05 am

We will start now with the challenge.

Since Kevin is not here, I will post on his behalf.

He has chosen Sam, Adam, Mets and Nat to be the 4-person jury.

I need everyone, including Kevin, to post whether they agree or disagree to this on this thread. You have until 10 PM EST to post. If you don't post by then, automatically you will agree. If all 10 of you post before that, we will continue with either the jury voting or Mets being appointed the foreman and choosing another 4-person jury. Mets, please post in your confessional the 4 person that you want in the event you are not here by the time your turn comes up.

So everyone, just vote "Agree" or "Disagree". You can change your vote anytime before the time period is up or when all 10 of you has voted, whichever is earlier.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 11:20 am

AGREE
Back to top Go down
WolfNVX4444

WolfNVX4444

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 11:51 am

Agree
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Main Match #4... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Match #4...   Main Match #4... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Main Match #4...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next