The Genius IMDb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players of IMDb pits their skills against one another to be crowned The Genius

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pre-game...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

Pre-game... Empty
PostSubject: Pre-game...   Pre-game... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 6:38 am

Welcome to The Genius Game!

Take some time to answer these questions and to pen down your thoughts about anything regarding the game.

1) What was your first thought when you got the invitation to this game?

2) Do you think you are able to do it well in this game?

3) Any strategies in how you will be able to play the games?

4) Any idea on what you might expect from this game?

5) Anybody that you feel that you might be able to work with or not in the game?
Back to top Go down
https://thegeniusimdb.forumotion.com
Tomcat Murr

Tomcat Murr

Pre-game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-game...   Pre-game... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 11:33 am

1) What was your first thought when you got the invitation to this game?

Reluctance. IMDb games are drama - people get really upset at each other (when I played iBB, someone got so mad at me that, even now - months later - she's never talked to me again). Laughing At the time I had just joined The Mole, too (but that didn't last long), and it just seemed like too much time. But before the invite I had watched some episodes, and I like the format. The type of subterfuge is interesting... In Survivor, everyone tries to show a facade of loyalty and unity; in The Genius, it's like everyone fully embraces they're functioning on a living chess board (loyalty/unity still play in, but it's more guarded). It seemed interesting to me and I was also excited. So, thank you for the invite!

2) Do you think you are able to do it well in this game?

I don't know. I've done well in other strategy-based games (sans The Mole, though I'm sure I would've done better if I had time to build/talk to people). But I also have more going on irl than I did for those, and may not have the time/drive to be as invested. I think I can do well in this game... but there is still an element of luck-of-the-draw, and as always, any little mistake can crush you or work to your advantage in the longterm (depending on how it plays out). So, we'll see what actually happens.

3) Any strategies in how you will be able to play the games?

I never know what I'm doing when I join a game. I always play it by ear. I was thinking that the next Survivor/BB game I play, I was going to not even bother trying to win, and instead use it as a testing ground for all the dumb ideas I never go through with (see if they work, or if they make for a hilarious demise). This game has such a different format that I'm not comfortable enough doing that (I don't *get* it well enough to purposely screw it up), so my strategy is to figure it out as it goes along and if/when I screw up, it'll be accidental.

4) Any idea on what you might expect from this game?

I think it's new territory for everyone. I expect a lot of people to play it like it's Survivor or BB (because that's what they know), or to be so lost that they just do whatever and hope it works (hey, I may end up doing that, too - but I'm not there yet). There will probably be a big learning curve and a lot of madness. As for the game itself... I've watched some episodes, so I have a general idea of the format/how the dynamic works (but that's also with real life players, and may not entirely hold true for a group of people, many of whom have spent years adapting to Survivor/BB). The challenges should be interesting.

5) Anybody that you feel that you might be able to work with or not in the game?

I would like to work with Adam/Switza. He hosted the first game I played (Lsquared) and I co-hosted his last Survivor game. During Lsquared, he suggested we work as an alliance in a future game, so maybe that will happen. But this is a game, and people will do what they feel will help them win, so if another alliance gives him better odds, he should go with them - and same for me. Plus, I may have annoyed him while co-hosting. Very Happy Likewise, he's also my biggest concern in this game - he knows how I function (knows where I draw the loyalty/manipulation line, and how devoted I can be to each), and he could easily manipulate that and "blindside" me if he wanted to. I'd also like to work with Metsrus - also in Lsquared, I didn't get to work with him but I really liked him as a player/person (from what I could see), and he was really cool to my biggest ally in that game. I'm excited to play another game with him, and hope we can actually work together - but again, the very nature of these games is opportunistic (ultimately, only one person wins), and everyone - at some point - needs to do what works best for their game, and their game alone.
Back to top Go down

Pre-game...
Page 1 of 1