Players of IMDb pits their skills against one another to be crowned The Genius
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Finals Speech...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bandage Man
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1733
Join date : 2015-11-15

PostSubject: Finals Speech...   Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:30 pm

Nat and Sam, welcome to the finals.

Before the finals commence, both of you are given a chance to talk to the eliminated players before they make a final decision later on.
Back to top Go down
http://thegeniusimdb.forumotion.com
WolfNVX4444

avatar

Posts : 503
Join date : 2015-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:07 pm

Can I do this when I'm a little more sober?
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1733
Join date : 2015-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:16 pm

haha sure. it doesn't have to be like a FTC speech anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://thegeniusimdb.forumotion.com
SailormoonSk2

avatar

Posts : 840
Join date : 2015-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:43 pm

WolfNVX4444 wrote:
Can I do this when I'm a little more sober?

Lmfaoo. We're in the same boat.
Back to top Go down
BlakeMaguire

avatar

Posts : 101
Join date : 2015-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:45 pm

What are u both drunk on?
Back to top Go down
WolfNVX4444

avatar

Posts : 503
Join date : 2015-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Nothing too fancy. Just a lot of beer and some Admiral. On a college guy budget.
Back to top Go down
WolfNVX4444

avatar

Posts : 503
Join date : 2015-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:46 pm

Okay, so I didn't realize we had to do a finals speech. If I did, I would have probably talked to some of you a lot more lol. When Mas asked me to join this game, I was hesitant because I had just recently "retired" from Big Brother and Survivor games. By far, the most tiring part of those games was the constant communication and making sure that you have the votes. I saw this game as an opportunity to finally play a pure competitive game. Throughout this entire game, I have not told a single lie. Obviously, I excluded some truths by not outright saying who I was working with, but I never told a lie to any of you. If I told you I wanted to work with you, I would have honored that. I didn't want to backstab anyone or anything because I'm honestly over all of that drama. I wanted to have fun and I did.

Another reason I wanted to play this game was because I wanted to try and be a challenge beast. I wouldn't say that was how it turned out, but I did win my share of matches. I've won 4 main matches, 5 if you count the one Tom took all the numbers and lost. I've won 2 death matches. I have the most garnets right now. I was never in a big multi-person alliance, but I had a few people I was very close with including Sam, Tom, and Kathy. I helped them all like they've helped me. It's been a fun and long game and I'd appreciate your support. Thanks, everyone!
Back to top Go down
SailormoonSk2

avatar

Posts : 840
Join date : 2015-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:58 pm

Hey guys!!

As Nat said this entire jury portion threw me for a loop. I was not expecting to make it this far, and ultimately, didn't know we needed to prepare a speech. With that being said, this was one of most interesting games I have played. Most of you know me from Big Brother, which is a game I excel in, but this was completely different.

It was very important to me to not only figure out the dynamics of this game, but also find people I could trust and ultimately work with. Without a solid foundation, you have nothing. I found solace in both Nat, a partner who was just downright amazing and encouraging (he also metaphorically sits next to me lol) and Mets (We have a history of not trusting one another lol, but he is literally one of the nicest and most understanding partners I've ever worked with.)

I've definitely had a few ups and downs in this game. For example, the very first round of this game), my DR was published for all to see (by accident) and people were beginning to question my allegiances. Lol. I had seriously considered quitting, but I realized it helped me more than hurt me. I immediately knew that I needed to run with the idea of being sort of a ditz and I definitely exaggerated my cluelessness, leading people to definitely underestimate me, but also like me to the point that they wouldn't want to face me in a death match . . At least that's what I was going for.

Ultimately, with 2 main match wins and 1 death match win under my belt, I'm super proud of myself and Nat. Despite who wins or loses, I think both of our strategies worked out well and it was fun playing my very last game with all of you guys. Thanks to Nat, Mets and Duck for working with me! Xoxo
Back to top Go down
SailormoonSk2

avatar

Posts : 840
Join date : 2015-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:58 pm

BlakeMaguire wrote:
What are u both drunk on?

Lol. I just started drinking (just turned 21).... I loveeeee wine!
Back to top Go down
Thanasis

avatar

Posts : 335
Join date : 2015-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:43 am

Congrats on starting drinking, Sam!

Sam and Nat, I remember bringing up the two of you in my pre-game interview as my picks for winning the game, since you both seem to be winning everything, so great job on proving me right

Do you guys know if Mets "sacrificed" himself because he didn't want to take away the spot in the finals from either of you? For someone as invested and with so many wins in his resume, possible quite many garnets as well, it seems odd that he seemingly gave up like this...
Back to top Go down
DanaShelby Chancey

avatar

Posts : 75
Join date : 2015-11-17
Age : 62
Location : Collingswood NJ USA

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:27 am

Congrats, Nat and Sam! As an early eliminated player, I know like the rest of us do, what tenacity and talent the 2 of you have to be here in the finals.

My question is, do you apply these traits to your every day lives? Does it come naturally or do you have to make up your minds to it? I am a little envious, I would like to have some of that myself.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1733
Join date : 2015-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:54 am

Thank you Final 2 for the comments. If any of the eliminated players want to give any questions or comments, they can do so. But it's not compulsory.


I will post the finals tonight at 9 PM EST.
Back to top Go down
http://thegeniusimdb.forumotion.com
SailormoonSk2

avatar

Posts : 840
Join date : 2015-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:25 am

Thanasis wrote:
Congrats on starting drinking, Sam!

Sam and Nat, I remember bringing up the two of you in my pre-game interview as my picks for winning the game, since you both seem to be winning everything, so great job on proving me right

Do you guys know if Mets "sacrificed" himself because he didn't want to take away the spot in the finals from either of you? For someone as invested and with so many wins in his resume, possible quite many garnets as well, it seems odd that he seemingly gave up like this...

Hey, Than! Thanks for the kind words! As for the drinking lol. It's great, but I don't want to get carried away.

I have no clue what is going on with mets, but the thought of him giving up for either Nat or myself is honestly heartbreaking. I don't even want to think about it. I've tried to PM him, but I never received a response, and it seems as if he hasn't been active. I'm definitely a competitor, but if we're being honest, I would have been stoked if he were here (even over me). We've come a long way to develop a relationship and it means more to me than this game. He beasted this entire ordeal, and it's a shame to see him not rewarded for his awesome gameplay, both social and physically. Regardless, I'm really not sure. I just certainly hope that's not the case and I also hope nothing too serious has impacted his life.
Back to top Go down
SailormoonSk2

avatar

Posts : 840
Join date : 2015-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:39 am

DanaShelby Chancey wrote:
Congrats, Nat and Sam! As an early eliminated player, I know like the rest of us do, what tenacity and talent the 2 of you have to be here in the finals.

My question is, do you apply these traits to your every day lives? Does it come naturally or do you have to make up your minds to it? I am a little envious, I would like to have some of that myself.

Hi, Dana! You guys are way too kind, and have yet to give yourselves credit for the gamers you both are. You both have a reputation that speaks highly, and it was kinda scary having you both here because of that.

Anyhow... That's an interesting question. As far as if I apply the traits I've used in this game in my natural life, I'd say yes to a certain extent. I definitely like developing solid friendships with people, and I definitely enjoy the idea of collaborating to make something happen. Whether that's a group project, planning an event, etc. For me, collaborating with a group of people you trust is the key to success in all games. If you don't have a solid foundation, you're setting yourself up for failure.

As far as decision making is concerned, I'm pretty terrible at it in real life. Lol. I'm way too indecisive and it takes me forever to come up with a decision. A lot of that can be seen whenever I won a main match and had to choose someone to give a garnet to. I'm a person who likes to think every option through, so I take as much time as I can to prevent any disasters.

What I don't do is put myself out there nearly enough in the real world. In the game however, whenever we had opportunities peek at another team's meeting/confessional/room I always tried to be the one to go. Even if I went and didn't say much, or vaguely dropped "info," I wanted to have some sort of leverage over others, because I didn't know what anyone else would do. Adam, for me, was a person I was concerned about. He was sneaky, manipulative and just really good at this game. He also hosted a game I played before, so he had an advantage over me, because he knows how I play. I wanted him gone every second of every round because of that.
Back to top Go down
kyogre123

avatar

Posts : 29
Join date : 2015-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:04 pm

question: if you dont know, make a guess, why do you think I was eliminated first? i do remember my elimination was around a vacation i took, but you all didnt know that yet, and somehow the winning team nominated me for the death match of all people. like, it just seemed odd
Back to top Go down
Thanasis

avatar

Posts : 335
Join date : 2015-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:48 pm

Am I allowed to ask another question, Mas?

If you had to guess which juror would choose to help you, what would you say?
Back to top Go down
WolfNVX4444

avatar

Posts : 503
Join date : 2015-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:35 pm

Thanasis wrote:
Congrats on starting drinking, Sam!

Sam and Nat, I remember bringing up the two of you in my pre-game interview as my picks for winning the game, since you both seem to be winning everything, so great job on proving me right

Do you guys know if Mets "sacrificed" himself because he didn't want to take away the spot in the finals from either of you? For someone as invested and with so many wins in his resume, possible quite many garnets as well, it seems odd that he seemingly gave up like this...

Well, thank you for picking us, Thanasis! I truly do not know what happened with Mets. We actually did not talk that much. We agreed to work together earlier in the game and he was actually the first person I talked to, but we talked less as it went on and it was obvious he was working with Sam, so if this was a game based on votes, I would have definitely tried to get him out. So because of that, I just assumed that he didn't want to win the main match in order to be in the death match. If I won, I thought he would have thrown it to Sam. If Sam won, he would have showed up to try and beat me. That was my thought process during the main match. But then he never showed up anyway, so I don't know. It's a shame because I wanted to go up against him myself. I hope he's okay.
Back to top Go down
WolfNVX4444

avatar

Posts : 503
Join date : 2015-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:47 pm

DanaShelby Chancey wrote:
Congrats, Nat and Sam! As an early eliminated player, I know like the rest of us do, what tenacity and talent the 2 of you have to be here in the finals.

My question is, do you apply these traits to your every day lives? Does it come naturally or do you have to make up your minds to it? I am a little envious, I would like to have some of that myself.

Aww thanks, Dana! You really are too kind.

I would say it's accurate that how I do in these games is a reflection of who I am in every day life. I mean, I don't really change myself for it. I'm studying to be a manager, so communicating with people is a vital part of my life. I think leadership is also a trait I have that helps me out. To me, leadership is something that someone is born with, but it is also something that can be taught.

It's important to listen to everyone's input and opinions and take them under consideration. I try to ask everyone I'm working with what they think. Talking to people comes easy to me, I think. But anyone can do it. There's no trick to getting people to like you.

And also, one of the reasons I did well with the challenges is because I did my research later on in the game and watched the show where theses challenges are based a little bit. So it's important to understand what you're doing. I could go on, but it feels like I'm just preaching and bragging here, so I'm going to stop lol.
Back to top Go down
WolfNVX4444

avatar

Posts : 503
Join date : 2015-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:51 pm

kyogre123 wrote:
question: if you dont know, make a guess, why do you think I was eliminated first? i do remember my elimination was around a vacation i took, but you all didnt know that yet, and somehow the winning team nominated me for the death match of all people. like, it just seemed odd

I was actually on the team that nominated you, but I honestly do not remember why exactly that was because it was so long ago. I think it was some combination of you being one of the lesser active people on the other team and that you have a history of being good in games. I think that's what it was. You actually would not have been my first choice because I like you, but everyone else was agreeing on you and I didn't want to rock the boat for someone I wasn't working with and end up giving up safety if we couldn't decide. Someone brought your name up and people just rolled with it.
Back to top Go down
WolfNVX4444

avatar

Posts : 503
Join date : 2015-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:53 pm

Thanasis wrote:
Am I allowed to ask another question, Mas?

If you had to guess which juror would choose to help you, what would you say?

I don't know. I don't know what criteria people are using to pick who to help. If I absolutely had to guess, I guess I would pick Tomcat because I talked to him a lot during the game probably more than Sam did and we helped each other a lot in challenges.
Back to top Go down
SailormoonSk2

avatar

Posts : 840
Join date : 2015-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:20 pm

kyogre123 wrote:
question: if you dont know, make a guess, why do you think I was eliminated first? i do remember my elimination was around a vacation i took, but you all didnt know that yet, and somehow the winning team nominated me for the death match of all people. like, it just seemed odd

Heyyy!

If I'm not mistaken, you were picked because people thought you were inactive. I was on the losing team initially, but Mets wanted to protect me and promised not to vote for me and I think Kevin also. Apparently everyone wanted me in the death match that first round and the rule was that everyone had to agree to the vote. He didn't agree. He sacrificed his entire game for me, so that's why your team ended up "losing" and you were picked because of inactivity.
Back to top Go down
SailormoonSk2

avatar

Posts : 840
Join date : 2015-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:59 pm

Thanasis wrote:
Am I allowed to ask another question, Mas?

If you had to guess which juror would choose to help you, what would you say?

Hey again!

Probably mets or Kevin.
Back to top Go down
switza

avatar

Posts : 634
Join date : 2015-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:50 pm

SailormoonSk2 wrote:
Adam, for me, was a person I was concerned about. He was sneaky, manipulative and just really good at this game. He also hosted a game I played before, so he had an advantage over me, because he knows how I play. I wanted him gone every second of every round because of that.
I think that's a compliment. Why do you say I was sneaky and manipulative? Sneaky perhaps, but I don't see myself as manipulative (at least not in this game).

And this isn't a butter me up type of question. I'm just curious if that is a character trait I used that I wasn't aware of.
Back to top Go down
alrmw31

avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2015-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:08 pm

Hey sexmuffins <3 Congrats
Back to top Go down
SailormoonSk2

avatar

Posts : 840
Join date : 2015-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:25 pm

switza wrote:
SailormoonSk2 wrote:
Adam, for me, was a person I was concerned about. He was sneaky, manipulative and just really good at this game. He also hosted a game I played before, so he had an advantage over me, because he knows how I play. I wanted him gone every second of every round because of that.
I think that's a compliment. Why do you say I was sneaky and manipulative? Sneaky perhaps, but I don't see myself as manipulative (at least not in this game).

And this isn't a butter me up type of question. I'm just curious if that is a character trait I used that I wasn't aware of.

Lol it certainly was a compliment. There were a lot of instances where you would throw "hints" here and there that would completely screw me over. Lol. Like you would tell mets one thing and do the other. It was fine, because it benefitted your team (I think with the whole criminals main match one in particular)... But that's what I was referring to. You were hard to read. I knew I couldn't trust you, but I always wanted to, based on our brief conversations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Finals Speech...   

Back to top Go down
 
Finals Speech...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Kurdish MP: Barzani's speech an expression of pain 22/03/2012 13:16
» Indirect Speech (Questions): Lesson + Practice+ Key
» Shocking Giant Hologram of Turkish Prime Minister Delivers Speech
» Transcript of Speech April 16, 2015 Haider Al-Abadi, Prime Minister of Iraq Center for Strategic & Intl. Studies
» Precepts Question

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Genius IMDb :: The Genius :: Matches :: Main Matches-
Jump to: