The Genius IMDb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players of IMDb pits their skills against one another to be crowned The Genius

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 10...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
soullimbo

soullimbo

Round 10... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 10...   Round 10... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 7:11 am

Hi there Mas ,
I noticed on the thread that one of your guests might not be able to make it, if that's the case , I'm more than happy to help out as I am off work this week with no particular plans. So if you need some help , give me a shout ok.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Round 10...   Round 10... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 7:13 am

alright thanks. i thought of getting non-players for this but i might ask you if i really need it. thanks
Back to top Go down
https://thegeniusimdb.forumotion.com
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Round 10...   Round 10... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 7:15 am

No Problem...if you want, I could even re-register with a different username, so the remaining players don't know it's me lol
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Round 10...   Round 10... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 7:17 am

haha, no worries about that. it's ok if they know it's you, as long you dun sabotage the game with your answers to me and when you answer to them.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Round 10...   Round 10... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 7:20 am

Of course !!!
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Round 10...   Round 10... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 7:56 am

Could you just help me fill in this? I will inform you once the challenge starts if you are involved or not. Thanks.

Below will be 7 items that I will need you to put a price on them. Your price should be derived from how much importance you give to them and what is the maximum price you would pay to get that product. You may refer to actual price for a gauge but it does not have to match the actual price that might be out there. The price is based more on your belief on how much the product should be priced at or how much you are willing to pay and get the money for you to get that item.

Here are the 7 items:

1) A monthly phone bill

2) Cost of a date with your lover of 10 years (for 2 people)

3) A semester's bill taking an Arts Degree

4) Cost of a health insurance yearly

5) Meeting with your favourite star for an hour

6) Your first holiday in 3 years (for 10 days and 9 nights)

7) The cost to regain your lost right to vote.

All prices should be at denominations of USD 1.

If you have any questions, do get back to me and I will clarify it. Thanks.

Also do take note that please keep this info private and don't share it with anyone, even with non-players as they might be involved in the game and also to prevent you being influenced by how they answer in your pricing. Once the challenge has ended, you are free to share. Thanks.

Another thing to note, please do think through before deciding on a price. The player will be asking questions and it might ask u why you want to quote that price. so you should be able to kind of explain what went through your thought process while coming up with that price.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Round 10...   Round 10... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 8:22 am

As you know , I live in the UK , so what I've done is price things in my currency , then gone onto google for an exchange rate calculator to get it into US Dollars. On that note , we have a national health service here in the UK , so we don't pay health insurance, so I've estimated at what I would be willing to pay , so I have no idea how accurate it would be in US terms lol

1) A monthly phone bill
$28 (assuming you mean a mobile phone )
2) Cost of a date with your lover of 10 years (for 2 people)
$314
3) A semester's bill taking an Arts Degree
$953
4) Cost of a health insurance yearly
$858
5) Meeting with your favourite star for an hour
$1430
6) Your first holiday in 3 years (for 10 days and 9 nights)
$1858
7) The cost to regain your lost right to vote.
$1
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Round 10...   Round 10... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 8:27 am

haha no worries. you can convert it or just based on you feel like paying even with pounds and use the absolute numbers. and you can interpret the items on how you want it to be. thanks anyway
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Round 10...   Round 10... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 2:16 pm

Hi Mas...
I tried to go into the loser's lounge but it says I can't reply to topics once I am in there Sad
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin
Bandage Man

PostSubject: Re: Round 10...   Round 10... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 2:18 pm

cos you were playing in the main match. i already gave you back the rights now
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Round 10...   Round 10... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 2:19 pm

Thanks , I just noticed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 10...   Round 10... - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 10...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Genius IMDb :: The Genius :: Confessionals :: Pete-
Jump to: