Share | 

Main Match #10...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:24 am

We will begin the 10th round of "The Genius" game.

In the 9th round, Tomcat was eliminated.

Now there are 4 players remaining.

Before we start the game, I will reveal how many garnets each player has.

40 garnets - Metsrus

25 garnets - Nat

23 garnets - Pete

13 garnets - Sam

I will post the Main Match at 9 AM EST.

But before that, some news first. Some familiar faces will be joining you for this Main Match.

I will let them post for you all to see who is it.
Back to top Go down
http://thegeniusimdb.forumotion.com
switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:17 am

Hey guys. Congrats on Final 4. Mets that was an unbelievable death match, well done.
Back to top Go down
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:52 am

Welcome back, guys.  Thanks, Adam.  Tomcat is a great player as you already know, he was my toughest opponent so far and made me dig deep inside. It was literally 4 death matches packed into one and couldve gone either way.  I'm glad you guys are back even if it's for awhile .
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:06 am

Hello. We will begin the 10th round of "The Genius" game.

We will be joined by 4 special guests for the 10th Main Match.

Let's welcome:

HENRY, DANA, KEVIN & ADAM

I will now introduce the 10th Main Match.

The 10th Main Match is "The Big Deal" game.

In this game, you must gain as many points as possible through negotiations.

A current player and a former player will each form 4 pairs.

Using Random.org, each current player will be assigned one of the former players as a partner and will be informed through their confessional.

The former players will be not be given any information about their own teammates.

Each current player will only know who their own teammate is, not the others.

5 colors: RED, BLUE, GREEN, YELLOW and WHITE will be used as entry requirements.

Using Random.org, the 8 players will be assigned 2 out of these 5 colors as their personal colors.

The game consists of 3 rounds.

Each round, all 8 players will become the Master once and a total of 24 negotiations will take place over 3 rounds.

The Master is the player who runs these negotiations and has the final say on whether a deal is concluded.

Using Random.org, the Master order will be decided for each negotiation.

The entry requirement refers to the colors that allow a player to participate in the negotiation. 3 to 5 colors are randomly mixed up in the lots.

When the Master and order requirements are decided, the Master will negotiate with the players who own colors to decide how points will be divided.

If there are 3 required colors, the player with these colors must participate in the negotiations for a deal to be made.

For example, when blue, red and yellow are the entry requirements and the Master has red, they may negotiate with players who have blue and yellow and distribute the available points in their negotiation.

The number of points available in each negotiation changes with the number of colors in the requirements.

The number of colors in the entry requirements multiplied with the base amount point for that round will be the points total for that requirement.

The base amount is 5 points for Rounds 1 and 2 and 10 points for Round 3.

For example, if the requirement has 3 colors in Round 1, it will result in 15 total points for that negotiation.

If all the players in the negotiation comes to an agreement, those points will be divided amongst them.

However, if negotiations with players are unsuccessful or the Master does not want to make a deal, the Master may cancel the deal.

The Master only gets the base amount point and the negotiations will end.

The teams will be revealed after Round 3 ends.

The team with the highest point total will be the winners.

The current player will receive a token of life and 5 garnets. Take note there is no 2nd token of life if there is a solo winner.

The current player in the lowest points team will be the Death Match candidate and chooses somebody without the token of life to go to the Death Match with them.

If 3 teams are joint winners, all tokens of life will be discarded and the Death Match candidate will choose one of the 3 existing players to go to the Death Match with.

If all 4 teams are tied, the players with the most garnets will be the sole winner and will choose someone to be sent to the Death Match.

Here's hoping that the all 4 players turned up. Hehe.

The game will start at 730 PM EST.

I will PM each current player their team-mate soon. Remember, if you need any rooms to be open, please inform me.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:13 am

I've attached a video link in case it gets a little complicated.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rules are from 9:55 to 13:29.

If you want to observe how the game is played, in the show they played a rehearsal round. So you can take a look at that.

It is from 13:34 to 20:27.

I know it can get a little confusing so you guys have a choice of playing 1 practice round or just diving straight into the challenge. Feel free to ask any questions if you need it.
Back to top Go down
switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:45 am

Can't watch the video right now, so a couple questions.

Will the master always be allowed to include themselves in the negotiations, or do they need the color requirement?

Do our colors stay the same the whole game or change between rounds? Will colors be public to everybody?

Do you only need to have 1 of the entry colors to participate?

If Mets and I are a team, and he is the first master, can he just give me all the points (if I meet the requirements) or does he need to include everyone who meets the requirements in the negotiations?
Back to top Go down
switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:51 am

Also just want to say I'm open to working with whomever is my partner. Don't think that if we didn't really talk in the game or something that I'll be less likely to work with you or that I'll be secretly working behind your back to cause you to lose.

On that note, mas, can players publicly reveal their partners once you tell them?
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:58 am

switza wrote:
Can't watch the video right now, so a couple questions.

Will the master always be allowed to include themselves in the negotiations,  or do they need the color requirement?

Do our colors stay the same the whole game or change between rounds? Will colors be public to everybody?

Do you only need to have 1 of the entry colors to participate?

If Mets and I are a team, and he is the first master, can he just give me all the points (if I meet the requirements) or does he need to include everyone who meets the requirements in the negotiations?

the master needs to have the color requirement to be included in the negotiation. so if their color is not one of the color requirements (this will only happen if there are 3 colors), they can either give the points to those who has the colors or just call off the negotiation and get the base points for themselves.

the colors will remain the same throughout the whole 3 rounds. and yes, the colors will be public.

each player can only use one of their colors to participate. if say i have red and blue and both colors appeared as a requirement, i can only negotiate with one color. it's up to the master to decide which color he wants you to use.

the master will be allowed to negotiate before finally posting their final decision on how to distribute the points. the master must get the agreement of the other player they want to give the points before posting their final decision.

e.g. if i have 3 colors that gives a total of 15 pts, i can give myself 7 pts, tomcat 5 pts and blake 3 pts. but they must have already agreed in a prior negotiation that they will accept those points before i post it as a final decision.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:59 am

switza wrote:
Also just want to say I'm open to working with whomever is my partner. Don't think that if we didn't really talk in the game or something that I'll be less likely to work with you or that I'll be secretly working behind your back to cause you to lose.

On that note, mas, can players publicly reveal their partners once you tell them?

it's up to the players' decision if they want to reveal it publicly or to anyone. but whether you can believe what they say is entirely is up to you too.
Back to top Go down
switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:00 am

Are the negotiations on this thread or in private rooms?
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:06 am

negotiations for colors will all be in this public thread. you are allowed for some private discussion in the rooms but all things official will happen here.

as again, this is a turn-based game so it might take some time. especially since we have 24 rounds, with each player taking a turn per 8 rounds. so make yourself comfortable. since this game does requires exactly 8 players, hoping the 8 players involved will be active to check once every few hours.

adam has already checked in. here's hoping henry, dana and kevin does soon.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:11 am

Having watched the video , I think it's in the best interest of the players not to reveal who their partners are.

The master will always have one of the required colours.
e.g if the required colours are Blue / green / red , and the master has green as one of his colours, then he needs to negotiate with 2 players who have Blue and Red , or even one player if he happens to have both those colours , or if he doesn't like what they are offering, he can keep the base amount for that round.

so:
blue / red / green

master has blue , he needs to make a deal with red/ green

players 1 , 3 and 5 have red
players 2 and 8 have green

player 1 asks for 4 points for his red
player 3 then says he gives his for 2 points - Master makes a deal with him

players 2 and 8 know that that they are in a strong bargaining position, since they are the only 2 with green.

player 2 offers his for 6 points
player 8 offers his for 5 points - master makes a deal with him.

result for that round
master has 8 points
player 8 has 5 points
player 3 has 2 points

Of course, it gets trickier when the master has to negotiate with 4 other players in total as there are five colours in the entry requirement.

I think that's the general idea, unless I've totally misunderstood it lol
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:15 am

Yup. Something like that, Pete. The master can choose to stop all negotiations and get the base pts for themselves if they don't think negotiations will go anywhere.
Back to top Go down
switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:20 am

So the master is required to give points to someone of each color?
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:23 am

switza wrote:
So the master is required to give points to someone of each color?

yeah , so he knows how many points are available in total for that round, and how many points he can give up to still leave himself with enough points to make it worthwhile.

i.e no point giving one player 4 points for his colour, and giving another 6 points for his colour...that only leaves themaster with 5 points...in which case he would just cancel the whole negotiation and keep the 5 base points for himself and no one else gets any points
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:28 am

Yup. So the master must allocate one color to one player and cannot give another color to the same player or themself.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:29 am

oh...so the master cannot negotiate with the same player twice, even if that player holds 2 colours that are required ?
Back to top Go down
switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:34 am

My point was if requirements are yellow blue white and you're the master and have blue and I'm your partner and have white, could you ignore yellow and just split the 15 points between us? Or would you be required to give someone with yellow at least 1? And in turn could all the yellows reject the offer and so master is stuck with only 5 (instead of 14 for their team)?
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:36 am

yeah, you must negotiate for all the required colours.

To be honest, it would be pointless for any player not to try and negotiate

Quote :
And in turn could all the yellows reject the offer and so master is stuck with only 5 (instead of 14 for their team)?

this is why it's better not to reveal who is in your team...
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:36 am

switza wrote:
My point was if requirements are yellow blue white and you're the master and have blue and I'm your partner and have white, could you ignore yellow and just split the 15 points between us? Or would you be required to give someone with yellow at least 1? And in turn could all the yellows reject the offer and so master is stuck with only 5 (instead of 14 for their team)?

nope, you must give out points to the same number of players as the color requirements.

so if i have a yellow blue white, i will post something like this

yellow to myself for 7 pts
blue to tomcat for 5 pts
white to blake for 3 pts

i cannot assign 2 colors to 1 player or totally skip a color
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:46 am

Each current player has been told which former player is their partner in this main match. Hoping that the other players will log in before 730 pm est.
Back to top Go down
switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:48 am

That makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:00 am

i'm gonna turn in so any room requests will be done in the evening later.
Back to top Go down
mrduckbear

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:59 pm

this one sure is a doozy..i'm gonna need to re-read this a lot monkey
Back to top Go down
SailormoonSk2

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:06 pm

mrduckbear wrote:
this one sure is a doozy..i'm gonna need to re-read this a lot monkey

I've read it through about two times... Still have no idea what's going on... Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #10...   

Back to top Go down

Main Match #10...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next