Share | 

Main Match #7...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:01 am

We will begin the 7th round of "The Genius" game.

In the 6th round, Kevin was eliminated.

Now there are 7 players remaining.

Before we start the game, I will reveal how many garnets each player has.

16 garnets - Tomcat

15 garnets - Metsrus

12 garnets - Nat

9 garnets - Pete

8 garnets - Thanasis

6 garnets - Sam, Adam
Back to top Go down
http://thegeniusimdb.forumotion.com
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:18 am

I will now introduce the 7th Main Match.

The 7th Main Match is the "Horror Race".

In Horror Race, you will make the characters that you support to win a race to earn points.

Horror Race has 5 characters: Vampire, Jiangshi, Gumiho, Mummy, Zombie.

These characters will run a race on a track with 12 spaces. These does not include the starting and ending spaces.

The 7 players will draw a turn order from 1 to 7.

After the orders has been decided, each player will be given a set of 5 character coins.

You then have to post on your confessional which 2 of these characters are you going to support in the race.

The remaining 3 character coins will be added to the pool with the rest of the other players' discarded characters.

The characters chosen by each player will not be revealed.

After all 21 discarded character coins are determined, these will be the characters used to determine the movement of the characters in the race.

When the race begins, the 1st player will be randomly given 3 of these 21 coins and place them in any of the 3 following squares: "1", "2" and "3".

You may put all 3 coins in 1 square or split them among different squares.

After all 7 players have placed their drawn coins in their respective squares, the characters will move according to where the coins were placed.

The character with the  most coins in the "1" square will move 1 space first.

The character with the most coins in the "2" square will move 2 spaces next.

The character with the most coins in the "3" square will 3 spaces last.

If a square has more than 1 characters with the most coins, those characters will not move and the next character with the most coins will move.

The 6th and 11th spaces on the tracks have puddles on it.

Every character that passes a puddle will stop at the puddle, even if they have more moves to make.

After the characters have been moved, the round will end.

The coins used to move will be used again and randomly distributed to the players in the next round.

You may choose to skip your turn for that round and not draw any coins.

If  you choose to skip a turn, you must pay one garnet and you will get to draw coins last in the next round.

Only one player may skip their turn in each round.

Once a player skips their turn, the next player will automatically go 1st in the next round.

The rounds will continue in the same way until one character passes the finish line and ends the race.

The characters closest to the finish line at the end of the race will finish 2nd and 3rd in order.

If a character you supported comes 1st, you gets 3 points. If they are 2nd, you gets 2 points. If they are 3rd, you get 1 point.

The player/s with the most points will win and the least will be the Death Match candidate/s.

If there is a solo winner, they will receive 2 tokens of life.

Every player, including the elimination candidate, will get 1 garnet per point.

We will start by determing the order chosen by Random.org.

1) Mets
2) Nat
3) Pete
4) Sam
5) Tomcat
6) Adam
7) Thanasis

The game will start at 8 PM EST. This game will require you to take one turn at a time. So it might take some time as both me and the next person needs to be on so I can give the next player their characters to place in the boxes and for them to decide where to place.

If you have any questions, feel free to raise it up. And room requests will be taken again.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:22 am

Please post in your confessional by 8 PM EST the 2 characters you are supporting in the race. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:41 am

Quote :
When the race begins, the 1st player will be randomly given 3 of these 21 coins and place them in any of the 3 following squares: "1", "2" and "3"

will we see what the coins are before we choose which square we want to put them in ?
Is it done in the confessional or on this thread ?
If we choose to skip a turn, do we say so AFTER seeing the coins we have picked for that round ?
You say a character has to stop when he passes a puddle...is that on the actual square (6,11) ? so, in other words, if a character is on square 5 , he gets to move 3 spaces that round , but can only move 1, and stays on the puddle square til the next round ? But if a character lands on square 6 or 11, then the next round he is free to move, since he landed exactly on it on his last turn ?
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:45 am

soullimbo wrote:
Quote :
When the race begins, the 1st player will be randomly given 3 of these 21 coins and place them in any of the 3 following squares: "1", "2" and "3"

will we see what the coins are before we choose which square we want to put them in ?
Is it done in the confessional or on this thread ?
If we choose to skip a turn, do we say so AFTER seeing the coins we have picked for that round ?
You say a character has to stop when he passes a puddle...is that on the actual square (6,11) ? so, in other words, if a character is on square 5 , he gets to move 3 spaces that round , but can only move 1, and stays on the puddle square til the next round ? But if a character lands on square 6 or 11, then the next round he is free to move, since he landed exactly on it on his last turn ?

I will post on this thread what each player's characters are they have gotten. Then they decide which square to put it.

You will skip your turn before you are told your characters you pulled out.

And yes, if the character is in square 5 and moves 3, they will stop at square 6 because of the puddle. And if u end up at square 6 by actual turns, you will just move ahead next turn.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:11 am

Take note, i don't need everyone to be on at the same time. This challenge is more of a turn-based challenge instead of a round-based challenge. So basically once a player turn is up, the next player needs to post whether they are skipping their turn and then i will post. Once somebody has skipped, i will post after the previous player has posted where they place their characters without asking if they gonna skip their turn
Back to top Go down
switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:58 am

Is the player order the same each round or do you randomize in between every round?

Though unlikely, it is possible a character could have the most coins in 2 squares. Would they move both? Example: everyone puts their coins in square 3, except 1 mummy is in #2 and 1 mummy is in #1. Would the mummy move 2 spaces and then 1 more space?
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi again Mas, you forgot to answer...
Where we chose to place our coins, is it done on here or in our confessionals ?
Back to top Go down
switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:16 pm

About the scoring, mas. If 2 people are tied with fewest points do they face off in the death match or does the winner select 1 and then they pick an opponent like normal?
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:22 pm

soullimbo wrote:
Hi again Mas, you forgot to answer...
Where we chose to place our coins, is it done on here or in our confessionals ?

You will post it here
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:23 pm

switza wrote:
About the scoring, mas. If 2 people are tied with fewest points do they face off in the death match or does the winner select 1 and then they pick an opponent like normal?

For all main matches, if there's a tie for the losers, the winner/s will pick the person sent to the death match
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:53 pm

When do we announce that we want to skip a turn ? as soon as the round starts, or at the end of the preceding round ?
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:57 pm

When it's your turn, then you announce it
Back to top Go down
switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:59 pm

switza wrote:
Is the player order the same each round or do you randomize in between every round?

Though unlikely, it is possible a character could have the most coins in 2 squares. Would they move both? Example: everyone puts their coins in square 3, except 1 mummy is in #2 and 1 mummy is in #1. Would the mummy move 2 spaces and then 1 more space?
Did you see these inquiries, Bandage Man?
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:02 pm

switza wrote:
switza wrote:

Did you see these inquiries, Bandage Man?

Sorry about that. The order will be the same every round. If somebody skips their turn, then it will be changed the next round with the next person after the skipped person starting first in that order.

And yes, a character can move more than once if they are the most in more than 1 square.
Back to top Go down
switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:09 pm

No problem. Again for someone traveling you're doing a ridiculously good job of keeping all this straight. I've said it for 8, 9 years (or however long it has been) now, you're the best host.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:12 pm

Mas has been hosting for that long ??? really ??? Well, I hope he decides to host this game again at some point, cause it's actually quite addictive !!
Back to top Go down
SailormoonSk2

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:21 pm

Omg. Wait a second... Did I miss the death match?? What happened?
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:23 pm

I have to admit, I had to look up what a "Gumiho" is lol, Apparently , in Korean legend, it is a nine-tailed fox !! I also found out that there's a Korean TV series called "my girlfriend's a gumiho" , which I find very intriguing lol, so I'm downloading it Wink (I hope it has subtitles or I'm screwed !)
Back to top Go down
switza

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:23 pm

My first Survivor game on imdb was in '07 and Mas was the host. Us old coots have been around way too long (although I was away for about 4-5 years at 1 point).
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:24 pm

SailormoonSk2 wrote:
Omg. Wait a second... Did I miss the death match?? What happened?

Way to go Sam Wink lol

Nat beat Kevin in the death match
Back to top Go down
SailormoonSk2

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wow.
Back to top Go down
soullimbo

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:33 pm

just in case any of you are wondering, this is what a Jiang Shi looks like (on the left, of course)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I saw this asian film in the 90s , I think it was called Mr Vampire, or something like that, and it featured some of these characters...one of the funniest horror/comedies I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:31 pm

Aww. Thanks, Adam. There are definitely better hosts than me. A-Supreme, Lthingtor, Bettis, Kate all come to mind.

And I try to make the challenges interesting. These are all from the shows anyway. Hoping you guys enjoy it so far.

And Pete, the 90s had a lot of those horror/fantasy/adventure/comedy mix like in that picture.

And I've finally reached NY. My last stop.
Back to top Go down
SailormoonSk2

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Definitely go to the met! It's my favorite place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Main Match #7...   

Back to top Go down

Main Match #7...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next