HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Tom/Tom PM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Tom/Tom PM   Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:03 pm

Hey. I set this up mostly just because Mas disabled PMs, so effectively like a PM. Use it or not - really just so it's available. I also set one up with Sam, Adam, and Kevin (and Nat). I have no clue what's going on with the other board/everyone kind of went quiet after whatever it is Pete did, so this individual thing is kind of an effort to bring the board back without necessarily including or excluding Pete. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:15 pm

Hey Tom I was thinking the same thing Smile I think Adam was worry Pete and Than were targeting him last round. I'm not sure how we should move forward with this. you got any idea?
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:57 pm

I really don't know. It's apparent Pete was vying for the criminals to win - which in itself would be fine if that were part of a plan (we got Jess out of the game, so no harm done). I just don't know what actually happened, so I don't want to alienate Pete, but I was wary of including him in the group discussion (but also didn't want it clear I was excluding him).

Regardless, this challenge will have 1 winner and 1 loser, so it won't be (or shouldn't be) a voting pool, so anything that happened in the last challenge won't repeat. I'm thinking wait until the challenge is over, then bring the board back when nothing can really be done and see what he says/what gets around (still having another match to work around any obstacles that may present themselves - ie: not finding out just in time for the Death Match).
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:17 pm

btw (sorry, I've been rushing around the past couple days my stops here have just been a distracted few minutes), my clue: H2 will finish before H7 but after H8
Back to top Go down
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:00 pm

Hey Tom. I got: Hint #7: H5 will finish second last
Back to top Go down
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:20 am

I'm leaning towards horse 8 too.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:27 am

I think horse 8 seems like the most certain bet. 2 and 4 are likely in the top 3 (if 8 is, which I'm 90% sure of, at least), but which is top 2?

I'm thinking 4 is the other, and it looks like everyone else is, too - the odds are poor on both 8 and 4. Very Happy But I have no clue. 8 has poor odds, and will continue to have poor odds, but it's probably the most sure bet. Good idea to watch what other people bet, which may help fill in some missing pieces.
Back to top Go down
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:33 am

oh i didn't see the odds, are they posted somewhere, Tom?
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:47 am

No, they're not posted. But the more bets on a horse, the smaller the payout. So, theoretically, someone could win the challenge if they bet 10 chips on the horse and everyone else only bets 1 chip on that horse, then put the rest of their chips on losing horses - they'd end up winning more chips than if everyone else put 19 chips on one horse and 1 on the other (but all chips on a winning horse, vs the person with only 10 chips on a winning horse and 10 wasted).

That sounds more confusing than it is. Here: http://horseplayusa.com/odds-payout-chart-2/
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:18 pm

Gotta ask... are you betting more on H4 to worsen the odds for Pete winning? (I'm probably gonna be doing the same, mind - just wanted to wait until the last minute)
Back to top Go down
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:09 pm

yeah i was thinking about that, Tom but i'm just really splitting my chips down the middle between 4 and 8. Not sure what's a good strategy for this match and I only have two chips left but let me know if I can help you achieve any particular goal you desire Smile
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:41 pm

No real goal. Right now, it looks like the people who might potentially win: Pete, Nat, Kevin, and me. Kathy will likely lose, regardless (which I'm fine with, as I've never talked to her). Kevin stands a small chance of winning. I'm rooting for me (obviously), Kevin, or Nat. No one can catch up with Pete's bets on H4 (he'll win if it wins with the better odds); no one can catch up with mine on H8 (I'll win if H4 comes in 1st or 2nd but H8 has the better odds). Nat will likely win if he keeps betting on H2 and it's 2nd (Kevin might, if he throws the rest of his chips in and the odds aren't dramatically screwed up/Nat keeps splitting his bets).

Either way, for those reasons, I'm not betting on H2 (it has better odds for them to win, and there's no chance of me winning with it unless I put all of my remaining chips on it and Kevin/Nat don't place another chip on it - but then, Pete has better odds if H4 wins). I have no desire to target Pete at this point, but Kathy is going to have to challenge someone, and ideally she'd challenge Than (I'm not personally targeting either, but they're the logical choices to get out before the game becomes a mess), but there's no reason to keep Pete off the table at this point.
Back to top Go down
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:09 pm

Agreed, Tom.  Also according to Kevin's hint, the top 2 horses have higher numbers than the horse that finished third, that's why I believe 8 and 4 are the winners and not 2.  I will throw my last two last chips on H4 but not sure what the others will do.  It's gonna be close.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:31 pm

If that was Kevin's hint then why would he bet on H2? At least he has more than enough chips on H4 and H8 to cover himself.
Back to top Go down
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:34 am

I'm not sure. But he told me that hint, that's why i've been spreading it evenly with H4 and H8 but I guess we'll find out soon enough Smile
Back to top Go down
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:14 am

Are you ok with us touching, Tom?
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:56 am

Yep. Sorry for the delay, just got home a bit ago. Accepted. I requested another touch, too (Mas said twice per round).

This entire match just makes us all sound creepy.
Back to top Go down
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:24 am

lol i hear ya. good way to break the ice though lol
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:28 am

We should all use that line irl. "Are you a human or a zombie? If you're human, can I touch you? Will you touch me back?"
Back to top Go down
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:40 am

lol, I'm getting a little worried. Everyone seems eager to touch another.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:49 am

Ha! Yeah, I'm sure this is going to end up with everyone being a zombie, but whatever - may as well try.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:31 pm

Did you use your cure?
Back to top Go down
metsrus

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:06 pm

yeah i did, Tom. not sure if it was too late.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:12 pm

Alright. I touched Kevin, but it appears to be after he took his cure (he said "you said to post it in our confessional" or something, and seemed shocked he was a zombie). So I should be safe. Sent a request for you.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:46 pm

I'm trying to off myself so I don't risk being the human with the lowest point total. I'll put in a request to touch you, and you're welcome to touch me back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom/Tom PM   

Back to top Go down

Tom/Tom PM
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Genius IMDb :: The Genius :: Rooms :: Mets, Tomcat-
Jump to: