Share | 

Round 3...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Round 3...   Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:50 pm

Some questions

1) What do you think about Blake's strategy in last round's Death Match?

2) What do you think of the Main Match when you first saw it?

3) What was your strategy playing it?

4) What do you think about Pete's complaints during the Main Match?

5) What do you think about Blake's silence during the Main Match?

6) What do you think about Mets volunteering himself for the game?

7) What do you think about the Death Match?

Cool Who do you prefer staying in the game?
Back to top Go down
http://thegeniusimdb.forumotion.com
Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Round 3...   Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:34 pm

1) What do you think about Blake's strategy in last round's Death Match?

It was good, but not entirely foolproof.  Dana could've easily taken the penalty and made him cycle through numbers or change his strategy, and could've changed her own strategy to somewhat mirror his.  My immediate thought was to go with, "what is one number that's NOT in your password?" (altered each question to not let them say the same number over again), since it's quick and appears less intimidating than going for the full password (less likely for him to take a penalty, too... then again, I guess he could've given her 3 numbers, then took a penalty after that to make her cycle through all numbers).  Anyway... I was impressed.  I can't believe no one else thought of that - a little embarrassed I didn't think of that... pretty brilliant.

2) What do you think of the Main Match when you first saw it?

Easy.

3) What was your strategy playing it?

Chaos.  No strategy... just try to get rid of cards.  The strategy I proposed was good, especially with Mets asking everyone to keep Blake from winning (guaranteeing someone else win would accomplish that). But instead, the "strategy" finally used was way more complicated, way more chaotic, and far less safe.  But it worked well enough, so fine.

4) What do you think about Pete's complaints during the Main Match?

Ugh, stfu.  Why the hell would he call out Adam and me in front of everyone?  Most people probably didn't even notice we traded cards... but I'm sure they did after that.  Also, both Adam and I told him we confirmed with you - well before any of that - that swapping cards was allowed.  Hell, the very first strategy I proposed immediately when seeing the challenge involved swapping cards... it's not like this was new information to him.  And though I didn't tell anyone else about card swapping (it seems Adam told at least one other person), we were both more than happy to tell Pete to give him any advantage he may get with that.  And his response was to basically go, "hey, look everyone, Adam and Tomcat swapped cards - hey, they must be working together, right???  And they didn't tell any of you about card swapping - think about that!"  And if he had an issue with it, why not ask you in his confessional, instead of have a go at you over something HE ALREADY KNEW FOR AN ENTIRE DAY BEFORE THE RESULTS WERE READ!  I really do like Pete, and I think he's very smart and I'd like to think mostly trustworthy, but as this game gets more complicated and more paranoia sets in (and there's more to mentally juggle), I don't know if I can depend on him, based on a couple things like that.

5) What do you think about Blake's silence during the Main Match?

I'm not sure why he went silent, but I'd bet he had a strategic reason.  It may have been to confuse everyone and create a larger group of Death Match candidates.  Or it may have been to take himself out of the equation and see who other people played with (most of my rounds were with Nat, only 3 with Switza, so that wouldn't look too suspicious - if not for Pete shining on a light it, I mean).

6) What do you think about Mets volunteering himself for the game?

Hey, if that's what he wants, I'm fine with it.

7) What do you think about the Death Match?

I just quickly skimmed it... I'm sure I'll have more thoughts later, but it seems pretty straighforward - same principle as any similar card game, etc...

8.) Who do you prefer staying in the game?

I really don't care.  Mets wanted to be there, so fair enough.  Blake is a huge threat, so him being gone would be fine, too.  I'd also be fine with either of them still being in the game.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Round 3...   Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:49 pm

No PMs? I like PMs. Sometimes you want to share something - one thing - with one person in your group, or outside of your group. It's kind of the equivalent to pulling someone aside in the hallway, away from the rest of the group, to work on a secret plan or say something that might raise red flags for others in your group.

Also in the game, rooms are pretty fluid - people can go between them, suddenly form a little group just for a few minute talk, have a one-on-one with a person in a room as a one-time thing, etc...

I get the reasoning (you wanting to know what people are up to, why someone isn't showing up, etc...)... but - not to go all Pete on you - please reconsider the PM thing.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Round 3...   Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:50 pm

you still can have 1-on-1 room.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Round 3...   Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:56 pm

Fair. It just seems suspect... PMs can be done casually when needed (just a message or 2 exchanged), but starting a room for you and another person seems presumptuous and like a big gesture (not so casual). Plus, in a game like the last Main Match, it would be difficult to play cards with someone outside of the group, and could end up presumptuously asking for a room just for the person to say no.

Maybe at least enable them for certain challenges where that sort of broad/fluid communication is necessary? I'd guess people will just start PM'ing on IMDb, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bandage Man
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Round 3...   Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:59 pm

Understand your concerns but i just prefer seeing what everyone is up to. so with a room, it's really like pulling someone to talk to you in a room and then going out if u both want it closed.
Back to top Go down
Tomcat Murr

PostSubject: Re: Round 3...   Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:08 pm

Understood.

Anyway, can we get the Adam/Pete/Tom board back? I'll leave it up to someone else to get the *other* one back. No rush, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3...   

Back to top Go down

Round 3...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1